PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Need southdown? I found a deal 4 u

derrikd
08/25/2004, 06:54 PM
i was at the HD in Bartlett, by my house and they are getting rid of the Southdown for the season, they have about 30 bags... they are only $3.oo a bag!!! for the 50lbs bag...

dlancz
08/29/2004, 11:48 PM
I did stop by the home depot at 950 S Il Route 59 in Bartlett and sure enough, there was the blue package that I've heard so much about........

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~tsv23/sd1.jpg

They are on sale for $3.99 each..... And I'd venture to say that there are 25-30 bags left even after I picked up 5 for myself......

I do have to warn you though that these bags are filthy!!!!! They have been out there in the garden department since this spring..... If not the spring before.... They are wet, muddy, and some are ripped. I picked one up to put in my cart and there was a yellowjacket under it... I just threw the bag back and grabbed another one.

Be forwarned, It's not the cleanest most pretty pile of sand, but Kelly the girl who rang me up was nice enough to let me use the hose out front after she rang me up to wash the crud off the bags and off of my hands..... I wasn't going to put muddy bags in my back seat. She even brought be paper towels to dry off my hands when I was done..... Overall, I'd say that I got
some great service from the place!

This sand is a great value at $4 for 50 lbs, but it will take a little work because of it's condition...... If they had stored it 10 feet closer to the store it would have been under a canopy and would not have been as unappealing...... But then again if they had done that I would not have been able to pick it up fo $4 a bag......

Just giving everyone else a heads up..... I saw the post and figured I'd check it out as Bartlett is not far away from me in Lombard.......

Anyway,

Good Luck!!!

Drew