PDA

View Full Version : ozzfest was AMAZING

slave-of-rock
08/22/2004, 03:35 PM
id say that my 2 fav bands that played were hatebreed or atreyu on second stage and on main stage my fav was a tie between black sabbath and judis priest, nice bike he had huh? whats every one elses opinion on the show?

dbrown
08/23/2004, 12:29 PM
I used to go every year but haven't the last few because the old school ozzy fans would get so drunk and violent. I do miss the second stage bands though, and the great pits. Mind if I ask if the drunks were out of hand?

slave-of-rock
08/23/2004, 12:31 PM
no actually not quite, but there was HUGE grass wars, people were throwin turf from end to end, no actuall fights that i saw, u should go next year, 10th year aniversry

dbrown
08/23/2004, 12:45 PM
Heh, sod wars are fun. I was there the year Manson got Sodded off the stage.

"Are you here to throw (explitive) sod or listen to Marylin (explitive) Manson?!"

"THROW SOD"

Then he walked off stage...

mhurley
08/23/2004, 12:51 PM
My lord...I remember seeing Metallica years ago and watching the sod wars behind me (I was in the pavilion). There was just a gigantic dirt cloud hovering over the lawn seats...Not to mention the giant mosh pit.

(Now the older-wiser dad kicks in)...Can you even imagine how much money it must cost to resod that lawn? It's got to be a staggering sum of cash....

dbrown
08/23/2004, 12:52 PM
At $7 a beer they can afford it.

mhurley
08/23/2004, 12:59 PM
Yea, but ya gotta admit, it's a good sized beer. It's not a 12 oz can...

slave-of-rock
08/23/2004, 01:01 PM
geez that sux, but i we couldnt reach the stage with sod, this was tweeter not alpine

mhurley
08/23/2004, 01:04 PM
(old man again)...not to mention a flying piece of sod could knock someone out cold or seriously hurt them.

slave-of-rock
08/23/2004, 01:12 PM
ya, but u gotta admit, its fun to throw sod and dodge it, i was doin it and so was the 60 year old guy behind us that was snortin *%&^

liz3
08/23/2004, 06:53 PM
mhurlkey, your too funny

slave-of-rock
08/23/2004, 06:56 PM
anyone else go to the show?

mhurley
08/23/2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by liz3
mhurlkey, your too funny

What I find most entertaining is that almost exactly 10 years ago, I was one of those guys at the all-day Q101 Jamboree Festival that was flinging sod around and jumping in the mosh pit. Now that I have a 1 year old, I plan on locking him in the basement listening to Barry Manilow while doing all my tank maintenance until he leaves for college.

Enjoy it while you can kaz...enjoy it while you can... :D

slave-of-rock
08/23/2004, 07:11 PM
yep that was me, 240lb guy startin a mosh pit to hatebreed and crowd surfin :D, that was soooo much fun, but i felt like i was, ummm, violated in SOO many ways, and i was facing UP, if you dont understand pm me for a further deff. as it is in-appropriate for this thread :D

adamjr
08/23/2004, 10:05 PM
Before you were born (if I'm doing the math right) I went to see Monsters of Rock at Alpine back in '86 (I think) with a girlfriend and her girlfriends. Sod Wars then too. I recall dodging chunks of sod as camera choppers hovered above. I'd like to go to Ozz Fest next year if at all possible. Sometimes life gets in the way of what we want to do. Glad you had a good time. So is the teenager inside of me wanting to get out of this adult existence.

Adam

slave-of-rock
08/24/2004, 08:27 PM
lol, ya that was before i was born, 5/16/88 here, im a yongin :D. if you do plan on goin tell me, we can meet up there, funny thing is i saw a bunch of my friends there who i havent seen in about 5 years sence my friend left romeoville, i cant believe they all look the same, and they were askin me who the hell am i lol, but then they got it, im just alot bigger lol