PDA

View Full Version : Antifreeze Frags!

misery
08/15/2004, 08:58 AM
HI THERE !

I have two of the Antifreeze Montipora frags availible. These are the same ones that Ostrow has on occasion- I got a little too zealous with my tank cleaning.

These guys grow amazingly fast; and are the color of antifreeze, hence the name.

I'm on the northside, right by the lake - Number's 773-552-7625; call; because my internet is down at home.

1. 1.5 inch tall, 1 inch wide Y-shaped frag - 7$
2. 3.5 inch tall, six branched frag. This one has easily tripled in size in three months- It's a good deal at 20 bucks.

All prices negotiable, pickup only, first guy with cash in hand gets 'em. blah blah blah!

I'll be home all day today to facilitate easy pick up. Thanks!

ostrow
08/16/2004, 08:55 AM
They are brittle suckers, aren't they?

I hope your name catches on. I hope the color catches on mine (I have moved it lower in hopes it will!)

Joel

misery
08/16/2004, 09:18 AM
jimminney-christmas, that's the truth!

I think that less light will do it up nicely for you - Probably took about six weeks for mine to color, so that's not too bad.

Also, I was thinking about getting some of that purple montipora that's availible in the other thread- Seems to be a different colored-counterpart of the antifreeze! They'd look amazing together- I'll be sure to save a frag for next time we do some tradin'.

ostrow
08/16/2004, 09:44 AM
cool beans. i have a purple that isn't quite as dark as the one in that pic, though it could be a lighting issue again.

misery
08/16/2004, 10:02 AM
Indeed... Your tank is super bright! Hows those frags doing, btw? I'd like to hear if that acro takes on any cool coloration under your lighting.

ostrow
08/16/2004, 10:11 AM
Can't tell yet...polyps definitely extended. I'm more watching with horror the algae takeover. Have a phosban reactor going so hopeful all will clear. I haven't fed the tank but once in like 10 days. Can't figure out this thing. I'm now seeing bubble algeae forming. 2 emerald crabs are ignoring it. I don't get it. Water levels all test perfect.