PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up my 20L

wrangler1990
08/14/2004, 03:15 PM
I have just moved to San Diego, and now i want to set up my 20L tank. The problem is i dont have room for my 10gal sump. What advice can u give me on filtration, heating, skimmer, etc...since i wont have the luxury of a sump.

luvmyreef
08/14/2004, 03:21 PM
On my frag tank I am runing a cpr bakpak (skimmer) and an aquaclear filter. It looks good and have had no problems with it.I am sure I could do without the aquaclear but I like the circulation. I will eventually take it out when I get a powerhead. Another option would be a canister filter. Good Luck

wrangler1990
08/14/2004, 09:25 PM
i have an emporer 280 filter (i have taken out the biowheel). is this a good enough filter for my tank and what types of filtration should i put in it? what types of skimmers are good and affordable....im a poor college kid

thanks
Mike

luvmyreef
08/14/2004, 09:42 PM
It really is going to depend on your livestock. Are you planing on fish only, fish with live rock, corals? I guess you need to let us know that information before we can advise you on equiptment.

wrangler1990
08/15/2004, 01:40 AM
eventually i want fish with LR and corals

luvmyreef
08/15/2004, 01:35 PM
I am not familar with that filter. IMO I think it will be fine the only problem is you may need to add a couple power heads for circulation in tank. For starter you may even want to pick up a skimmer. This hobby can be expensive but if you are willing to spend the time doing water changes and routine matainance then it can be done a little cheaper. The better equiptment you have will be less labor...not saying there will be no labor though.