PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

md0485
08/11/2004, 01:08 PM
Ok.. I have two yellowtail damsels. One of the yellowtails is real aggressive i noticed hes mean to the other fish i have in the tank and he picks on the other yellowtail constantly..and it stays at the very top of the tank in one of the corners..i do have plenty of hideing places..I noticed on the yellowtail thats being beated on has white spots..they have been there for 2 weeks .. none of my other fish has it.. there fine.. i thought i had ick..but then i got to talking to lfs found something similar to what the fish has. but after i study the spots looks like bite marks..(could be me thinking it) i'm wondering if it's from stress? since the other fish harasses him alot. For right now i have the aggressive fish in a breeders net.. to see if that helps.. I am doing a treatment at the moment because i thought it was a fungas.

Cearbhaill
08/12/2004, 05:23 AM
Hard to say without a pic.

SAT
08/12/2004, 09:12 PM
I've seen damsels literally pick all the skin off of another damsel. My guess is you really are seeing bite marks. You need to remove the losing fish. After that he would probably benefit from an antibiotic treatment such as Maracyn-Two (not in your display tank!).

starfish123
08/12/2004, 11:20 PM
I would get rid of the mean damsel. Chances are he'll pick on any other damsel you try to put with him. I had one that was so mean, he would actually nip my hand when I tried to clean the tank.