PDA

View Full Version : sad news in crystal lake today, very sad

slave-of-rock
08/09/2004, 10:16 PM
today in irac jonathin collins was killed in action :sad1:, 4 weeks before he was scheduled to come home, he was only 19 years old and graduated from south high school 2 years ago. i was a friend of his and have hung out with him on many occasions, i just thought i would put a thread up to show coppasion for him, and now theres just one more reson for my to join the servise, to get my revenge
kyle kaszniak

slave-of-rock
08/09/2004, 11:35 PM
**iraq** **compassion** **service** sry for the spelling errors, i was still in shock....

SOMEthinsFISHY
08/10/2004, 04:51 AM
sorry for your and our countrys loss kas God Bless our troops !!

TheBimbo
08/10/2004, 07:38 AM
I too am very sorry... There is another baby so to speak dying for nothing... Nothing is sweeter than revenge, but try not to go get a toothache... Too many young men and women we are losing daily... The memorial thing sounds wonderful, as you will need an outlet of some sort... A creative one that is!!! We are all here to chat if you need to vent... :furious: Better to let it out than to keep it bottled up... TheBimbo

slave-of-rock
08/10/2004, 12:02 PM
well last night we had a memorial type thing going at are school, we all brought candels and were telling stories for hours about him, there must've been 60 of us, very sad night at are school

jjjimmy
08/10/2004, 01:16 PM
My sympathies are with you and his family and friends.

Jimmy

SOMEthinsFISHY
08/10/2004, 06:44 PM
we shall never forget him or 911 !

Dz99ls
08/10/2004, 06:48 PM
soory for your loss in this time of need

Dz99ls
08/10/2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by thebimbo
I too am very sorry... There is another baby so to speak dying for nothing... TheBimbo

These men and women are doing a great service to their country it is very sad for any loss but these people understood what they were doing and they have not given their lives for nothing as you say! they are giving their lives to keep us free and safe

slave-of-rock
08/10/2004, 09:20 PM
yes they are, as are all the people that are there now, and when im 18 im joining the satalite communications section of the marines, thats how im gettin $ for collage

TheBimbo
08/10/2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Dz99ls
These men and women are doing a great service to their country it is very sad for any loss but these people understood what they were doing and they have not given their lives for nothing as you say! they are giving their lives to keep us free and safe
I didn't mean that it was for nothing... But just think about it... we do have oil here, and why are we over there dying for it??? Sorry to p****anyone off, but this is just what I am getting from all of it... Nothing was a wrong word to use... But hey oil is oil and if we have some here then why go and kill othere innocent people for it??? Never mind, it's just too political anyways... :rolleye1:

SOMEthinsFISHY
08/10/2004, 09:47 PM
god take care of there souls !

slave-of-rock
08/10/2004, 10:00 PM
thats not why we are there, we arent there for oil, we just took over a contry that has tons of oil and our oil prices go up?!? does that make any sence to you? if we were there for oil our prices would have gone down, not sky rocketed, we did it because of 9/11, getting the terrorests out and giving the government back to the people

Ernest T. Bass
08/10/2004, 10:18 PM
kas,

Sorry to hear about the loss. I served 26 years. I don't think that you should think of joining any service for the chance to take revenge on anyone. Regardless of the reason our country chooses to go to war, the serviceman goes as ordered. Your friend made a serious decision to join the military and gave his all. Honor him for that. He didn't choose his enemy. He choose his loyalty. Don't get it twisted. If you decide to join, do it with honor. Politics is not the job of a Soldier, Sailor, Airmen, or Marine. That's why we never had a coup in this country.

Reefadict
08/10/2004, 10:21 PM
Words cannot console those who have lost a loved one or close friend. The loss of life of one so young is hard to understand. Mr. Collins died fighting for the free world and shall be honored in life as he lay in rest. For the parents, the spouses, the children, the friends, there is little or no justification for their loss. For these people no purpose or intent can comfort their hearts. Let us hope for the safe return of all those who fight so their families will never have to accept the unacceptable, the loss of a loved one.

slave-of-rock
08/10/2004, 10:23 PM
that is not the reason i want to join, i want to join to serve my contry and i come from a family of marines, and that is another reason, also to get money for collage

slave-of-rock
08/10/2004, 10:26 PM
***country***

ostrow
08/10/2004, 10:39 PM
Cheers to Ernest and Reefadict. A post like this is not the one to respond with political interpretations of the war, although as a political scientist with an expertise in international relations I certainly have mine. The loss of a friend or relative is a terrible loss, regardless of the politics that might be in the background.

Kaz, you are young. Mourn, read, question, ponder, and then make as informed a decision as you can with an open mind. Even if you make the decision you had planned on all along, it will be a better decision for the consideration behind it. That goes for all big decisions, not just the decision about military service.

slave-of-rock
08/10/2004, 10:55 PM
i know that, i have been questioning about going into the marines for the past 3 years, sience ive been in 8th grade, me and a few of my friends plan on going into the satalite communications dept/section of the marines

Dz99ls
08/11/2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by thebimbo
I didn't mean that it was for nothing... But just think about it... we do have oil here, and why are we over there dying for it??? Sorry to p****anyone off, but this is just what I am getting from all of it... Nothing was a wrong word to use... But hey oil is oil and if we have some here then why go and kill othere innocent people for it??? Never mind, it's just too political anyways... :rolleye1:

This have absolutly nothing to do with oil! far too many people are disillusioned by that if this were about oil then why have gas prices risen? this is about FREEDOM and protection from evil!

SOMEthinsFISHY
08/11/2004, 06:10 PM
Kaz how is it going u ok Buddy ?

slave-of-rock
08/11/2004, 07:25 PM
ya im getting better, ive been with the family alot lately, the news was hording there house for on mon night and on tue from 8 am till like 6-7... they ARE NOT very helpful at all, but they have given us there condolences, as for the military, they are paying for the whole funeral, and paying around 20-30 grand for there sorrow, but no amount of money can ever replace jon, we will always mis him...

SOMEthinsFISHY
08/12/2004, 05:05 AM
well Kas Keep your chin up and if you go for our country Be careful and god speed !