PDA

View Full Version : SPS tank, To sell or Not to sell??

Reefadict
08/09/2004, 09:44 PM
Im going to be moving ( hopefully by the end of this year). I have a 50gal tank full of SPS ( post pics later) Some great colonies, some great frags. All and all I probably have 1200.00 in SPS. Im really on the fence wether to sell it and start over at the new house or risk the move. On one hand I could use the money and It would make the move much much easier. On the other hand, I got some really great stuff that is bug free and healthy. I have an efflorescence that I got when it was about 4in. and is now about 10in. I spent a lot of time and money putting this reef together so its hard to let go. Im looking to see what kind of interest this draws. If a lot of people are interested I will probably sell. I just want it to be all or nothing. I just dont want to get rid of a few colonies and still be stuck moving the rest. So Ill try and post some pics tomorrow and see what comes of it.

slave-of-rock
08/09/2004, 10:26 PM
man i wish i had the $, i would love to buy frags and colonies tho!! if you change your mind pm me thanks
kyle kaz

jsbzmcdaniel
08/09/2004, 11:09 PM
I would be interested in some of your sps and your live rock... Let me know

lclau
08/10/2004, 01:19 AM
Definitely interested in your efflo like I told you that one time. I can only imagine how big it is now

misery
08/10/2004, 09:05 AM
You could frag the heck out of your colonies right now, and rubbermaid the rest for easy transport... that way you get a little change and still keep ye tank!

lclau
08/10/2004, 09:19 AM
Yeah, then you have backup "clones" running around town in case one coral doesn't make the trip.

MiddletonMark
08/10/2004, 09:26 AM
Or out of town :)

But that's what I'd do. Keep at least frags from what you have [if not more] ... but get some cash for the move [and smaller pieces to move].

As you said, healthy, bug-free livestock. Nevermind varieties you have experience with ... IMO at least keep a little.

Mark

Reefadict
08/10/2004, 07:27 PM
Pics of the corals, sorry for the poor quality pics.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/1/21815tank_pic.jpg
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/1/21815acropora_efflorescense.jpg

slave-of-rock
08/10/2004, 08:15 PM
nice tank, have you decided on what your going to do yet?

Reefadict
08/10/2004, 09:28 PM
Yea, I think I'm just going to try and sell it all. Once I move I can just start over. I already have a 125 AGA RR brand new in the box waiting to set up once I move. Heck, I'm even thinking of selling that because I regret not getting the 180. I really like going to different stores and hunting down that next cool sps anyway. With the space all taken up in my tank, I really havent been able to do that. Anyone interested in buying any of these corals should understand: I am not a dealer, I cannot guarantee any of the sales. I will be completely honest with anything you have questions about. All the stuff in my tank has been there from months to more than a year and all ( except for 2 montiporas, go figure some of the easiest SPS to keep) are doing excellent. Due to different husbandary techniques, levels of experience, and different tank parameters and operations( IE; flow, lighting, nutrients, ect.) I cannot be responsible for these fragile creatures once they leave my tank. The stuff is definately a lot better looking then the pictures show. The corals are kept under 1-250W. Hamilton 14K bulb and 1-400w. XM 20K bulb. How I intend to sell is the corals first. Some of the colonies and frags are attached too good to the LR. The frags I should be able to detach from the LR but the colonies that are well attached will have to go with the LR. After the corals are gone I will then sell the fish ( 2 false clowns which I will not split, 1 spoted mandarin, 1 six line wrasse, 1 blennie, 1 red spotted gobie with a host engineer shrimp which I will not split, and 1 blue tang about 3-31/2 '' long) After that I plan on selling the LR. Due to the filtration needs, I cannot sell the LR until the fish are gone. Anyone interested please PM me, Thank in advance-Karl.

slave-of-rock
08/10/2004, 09:41 PM
how much for the lr? i have a 90g tank that still needs it and i would love to buy it from you, and how many lbs do you have? thanks
kyle kaz
p.s. do you have any ls in the tank that you would sell to feed my cc? pm me when u figured it out

A Reef Scene
08/12/2004, 08:30 AM
How much for all the sps in one shot?

GaVitroN
08/14/2004, 09:22 AM
Damn, is that what I sold to you as a A. solitariensis? That and the psammicora are huge now!

Reefadict
08/14/2004, 09:41 AM
Yea, the solitaryenses is really an effloresence. When I bought it from OTA it was about 3-4'' around now it is about 9'' around. And that psammocora atleast doubled in size if not trippled. The psammocora is the only colonie that Im not going to sell. I have a few frags of it for sale but that is it. Im sure everything else in the tank I can replace but that psammocora was like pulling teeth to get. It's good hearing from you GaViTrOn. I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.