PDA

View Full Version : 300 Gal Starphire

MARSHALL MANN
08/08/2004, 11:37 PM
ok reefers

my 300 gal starphire tank is being delivered personally to my house by will from AQUARIUM OBSSESED

so all you guys and girls that wanted to volunteer to help me move it in place, here are the details

he will be showing up between 7:00-8:00 pm this tuesday night aug 10, 2004

so any of you that could make it that would be great :)

the addres is

1086 creek view drive
vernon hills il. 60061

mapquest is very good for directions
www.mapquest.com

if any one has any of these items this would be great if you can bring them along

furniture dollys

large suction cups

wide double face tape

and i recomend some type of back support the tank is suppose to weigh in at around 600 lbs.

and any thing else anyone could think of that would help would be great.

hope to see a bunch of my friends i havent seen in a while

if you decide you can make it last minute or need better directions feel free to call me

847 867-7797

thanks in advance

MM

little_squid
08/09/2004, 12:40 PM
wow that took awhile huh i thought ya had it already and ya figured another way to move it :-) i should be able to make it !

the hard part is going to be getting enough people thru the door :-) the stand was heavy but the tank humm id think to be super safe have 2 on each end and 2 on each side but have 2-4 inside the house to relieve the ones trapped outside ! im skinny but not that skinny heheh

BOTR
08/09/2004, 06:13 PM
Heh my tank was about the same weight, and we only used 3 guys........ Do I smell perfume in here?

BOTR
08/09/2004, 06:15 PM
Good reason to get togther though. It'd be cool to meet a few more reefers.

MARSHALL MANN
08/09/2004, 06:26 PM
so are you comeing or what chris ?

MARSHALL MANN
08/09/2004, 06:48 PM
ok who knows for sure they are coming

please let me know so there is enough food and cocktails

oh i forgot you are reefers so beer will do but i will try to have some wine too for you tank, and please be easy on the perfume
lol

thanks in advance

tjs reef
08/09/2004, 08:03 PM
i"ll be able to make it.where you able to copy that program?

NU Reefer
08/09/2004, 08:31 PM
You know I'll be there Jeff. Dave had to go out of town though. So just me tomorrow.

-Chris

liz3
08/09/2004, 10:35 PM
Not that I can help much in lifting the thing, but luckily my husband works as a glazier! Glass! I have 3 industrial suction cups to lend, if you still need them?

slave-of-rock
08/09/2004, 10:44 PM
man i wish i could come help, i am only 16 but i aint a weakling, im a 240lb lineman haha, but i gotta work!!!! but if i can get a ride out there i can figure out a way to "cough cough, im sick, cough cough" so if anyone passes thru crystal lake to get to his house pm me 2night so i can call in sick 2marrow, thanks
kyle kaz

MARSHALL MANN
08/10/2004, 01:43 AM
ok will from aquarium obssesed has some loose ends to take care of

sorry guys now it is wednesday

i will let everyone know what time aprox as soon as i know ???

thanks for your understanding

MM

liz that would be great if i could borrow the suction cups
if your hubby could get 1 or 2 more that would be great

thanks in advance

im so ****ed !

MARSHALL MANN
08/10/2004, 11:15 AM
ok got wills e-mail

he will be leaving tonight, and will be here wednesday
after 4:00 pm so i guess we will have to wait for people to get off work so im thinking probally around 7:00

but i would say anytime betweeen 5-7 pm would be ok if you could hang around a little

thanks MM

IF ANYONE HAS PROBLEMS WITH DIRECTIONS PLEASE CALL
847 867-7797

MARSHALL MANN
08/10/2004, 06:57 PM
ok reefers if you can make it tommorow please let me know so i know how many x-tra people i need to round up
to move this monster in

thanks MM

tjs reef
08/10/2004, 07:05 PM
i'll be able to make it hopefully by 5:30

BOTR
08/10/2004, 07:45 PM
Sorry Jeff just got slammed for Wednsday. Gl guys/Gals.

liz3
08/10/2004, 08:00 PM
He won't being working with anyone to borrow more tomorrow, but I can bring the 3. I would say though that I won't be out until 6:30, by the time I get home from work and get going towards you house. Is that time OK?

MARSHALL MANN
08/10/2004, 11:03 PM
thanks TJ see you tommorow

looking foward to seeing you tommorow liz

TANK too bad you cant make it you probaly could move that tank by yourself and one other person

we will see who else can make it later i guess

thanks in advance
MM

slave-of-rock
08/10/2004, 11:06 PM
tank is that ur nick name? cause its mine 2 by my friends lol

chuck snow
08/10/2004, 11:14 PM
How did it go? I would have like to see it. Alittle far for a week day

MARSHALL MANN
08/10/2004, 11:28 PM
there was a change in plans the tank is comeing tommorow wednesday aug 11 between 5-7 pm some time
come on people plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

little_squid
08/11/2004, 12:07 PM
me and another guy will head up from joliet around 6ish i will call and make sure the timing will be right :-)

theyeg
08/11/2004, 02:00 PM
i can come mm man let me know if you need another big guy

chuck snow
08/11/2004, 03:58 PM
Your far from me I am tring to get a ride from little_squid look like he live by me. next town over.

MARSHALL MANN
08/11/2004, 04:11 PM
SOUNDS GOOD GUYS CALL ME IF YOU NEED ANY DIRECTIONS OR ANYTHING

847 867-7797

AND THANKS

hwynboy
08/12/2004, 01:00 AM
Marshall Mann...how did the delivery go? How did the tank look? Were you impressed? Satisfied? Inquiring minds want to know....

MARSHALL MANN
08/12/2004, 01:15 AM
I want to express all my thanks and gratitude to all the people that made the moving in of my new 300 starphire tank such a success, things could not have gone more perfectly or more smoothly :)

so at this time a big thanks to:

NEW REEFER

CHUCK SNOW

THEYEG

TJ'S REEF

THE NEW GUY FROM CALIFORNIA/ EDGAR

MIKE

AND A BIG THANKS TO LIZ WHO SAVED THE DAY WITH HER AWESOME COMMERCIAL SUCTION CUPS
AND I DONT WANT YOU GUYS TEASING HER ABOUT THIS LOL

AND 1 MORE BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU TO WILL FROM
AQUARIUM OBSESSED
WHO DROVE MY 2 TANKS IN PERSONALLY AND THEY CAME IN JUST HOW I ORDERED THEM EXACTLY AND THEY ARE ABSOLOUTELY GORGEOUS THE TRUE MEANING OF REAL CRAFTSMANSHIP AND REAL QUALITY SHOW TANKS

SO WHO CARES IF I HAD TO WAIT A LITTLE LONGER THAN I EXPECTED, ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY SO WOULD YOU WANT YOUR REEF TANK BUILT IN 1 DAY ???

I WAS SO IMPRESSED I ALREADY GAVE HIM A ORDER FOR 2 MORE TANKS, AND WHO CARES HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT BECAUSE I KNOW I WILL BE GETTING THE BEST QUALITY FOR THE BEST PRICE $

IF THERE IS ANYONE I AM FORGETTING TO THANK IM VERY SORRY ITS LATE AND IM VERY TIRED AND HAVE TO WORK TOMMOROW, BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I AM FORGETTING YOU AND I WILL REVISE THIS LIST WITH MORE THANKS AND APRECIATION

THANKS ALOT AND WHEN THE TANK IS AQUASCAPED I WILL HAVE A GET TOGETHER AND BARBQ FOR ALL TO SHARE

AND 1 MORE BIG THANKS TO BIODRAGEN FOR BUILDING A STAND TUFF ENOUGH TO HOLD THIS MONSTER

AND CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY I DONT SEE HIM ON THE THREADS ??? I JUST DONT GET IT !!! POOF AND HES GONE ? :(

regards MM

slave-of-rock
08/12/2004, 09:11 AM
i wish i could have made it, after theyeg had left my mom then said i could go..... i was soo p.o.ed, she first just said no, then when i asked for a reason she said "cuz i said so" but then my dad talked her into 30mins later when it was already too late..... but next time u need help ill be able to stop by so drop me a pm if u need some stuff moved, fish related or non fish related :D

AquariumObsessed
08/12/2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks for th kind words Jeff.

I appreciate your hospitality youve got an amazing setup in that basement!

Also, thanks to all the guys from RC who came out and helped...much appreciated. Nice meeting you all

Will

arinick
08/12/2004, 02:42 PM
MM- sounds like I missed some fun.

PM me if you want BD's email address.

MARSHALL MANN
08/12/2004, 10:30 PM
thanks arinick i know it

MM

AquariumObsessed
09/05/2004, 08:07 PM
Hey Jeff did you get a chance to fill the tank?

liz3
09/05/2004, 08:15 PM
Unquiring minds want to know. Nice to know my cups where such a great help ;)

MARSHALL MANN
09/05/2004, 10:25 PM
tank is filled and refugium and sump and skimmer are hooked up just need some x-tra cash to buy some pumps for my closed loops !!!

sand will go in tommorow i will start with 80 lbs.

rock will go in next week some time.

and yes liz you did save the day with those great suction cups of yours
mauhhhhhhhhhhh

anyone who would like to come visit is more than welcome

and a big thanks to will from aquarium obsessed
GREAT JOB !

MM

slave-of-rock
09/05/2004, 10:53 PM
you still need help with the cleanin of your tanks? that kind of slipped my mind... i might be able to come out in 2 weeks or so, this weekend im getin my wisdom teeth pulled so i wont be in the mood to clean anything... if i dont work in 1 weeks sun would that be a good day? drop me a pm if you still need a cleanin, and sry for the long delay

MARSHALL MANN
09/07/2004, 10:28 PM
pm sent

liz3
09/07/2004, 10:31 PM
MM your giving the entire reef community the wrong impression of me. All I can say, right now is that !!!!I'm glad rc is back!!! I was going through withdrawals!

MARSHALL MANN
09/07/2004, 10:35 PM
lol liz

he he he he he he he he

keep it clean and dont give anyone any reason to get perverted here

MM