PDA

View Full Version : A HUGE thank you to Marshall Mann

NU Reefer
08/05/2004, 12:14 PM
I just wanted to make a short post to publicly thank one of our most knowlegable and generous members, Jeff (aka Marshall Mann) for his help constructing my new reef tank.

My roommate and I, while having been small time reefers for a while (35g and 20g for years) were completely clueless as to the inner workings of large reef tanks, aka those involving plumbed returns and built in overflows. We were also more than a little afraid of using glued PVC pipes for a tank that is sitting on the second floor of our apartment (above my bedroom!).

Besides cutting us an amazing deal on the tank, sump, lights, and all the hardware, Jeff did an amazing and very professional job (and spent his saturday) helping us plumb all the pieces together. Here is a guy who goes well above and beyond the call of duty while teaching newbies to large tanks a lot about the finer points of the hobby. In addition, he makes the world's best barbequed shrimp. :-)

With people like Jeff around, I'd expect I'll be in this great hobby for years to come.

I'll post pics as soon as we get our livestock in the tank.

-Chris

gilbert2545
08/05/2004, 04:36 PM
im interested in seeing his stock how do i get in contact with him (marshall man)?

liz3
08/05/2004, 10:36 PM
hmmm...I've been there several times (Jeff) and never got a BBQ?

MARSHALL MANN
08/06/2004, 02:16 AM
dont worry liz its coming soon !

hopefully the starphire is too ?

MARSHALL MANN
08/06/2004, 02:20 AM
nu reefer
thank you for the kind words and glad to hear all is well

gilbert sent you a pm

MM

Jay1204
08/06/2004, 03:47 PM
I've heard many many good things about MM and his stock. I cant wait to meet him someday. :)

Racenrich
08/28/2004, 10:17 PM
Guess i'll put in my 2-cents as well.
I had the chance to meet and work with MM within the past week.
Even had the chance to see his "way too many tanks" setup!
I'd say over there's over 2500g of water in the basement alone!
Cant wait to see the 300g Stocked!.

Very nice guy and great to deal with.
I'm looking forward to getting that new sump! :)

Rich K.

MARSHALL MANN
08/29/2004, 12:00 AM
rich it was great meeting you and i really extend a very large thank you for helping me out today and i hope the zoos i gave you today make a nice addition to your tank

thanks again

MM