PDA

View Full Version : Tropi-Quatics

lebowski
08/05/2004, 12:57 AM
Has anyone here been to this LFS? I go there most often. They are moving down the street and I have already been inside, it is alot bigger, the tanks are looking good as well.

I think they get some good stuff in once in a while, the people there are very little educated though.. and they have the BIGGEST ******* working there. Dave, the dude with the black long hair and glasses...

Well, anyone experience the Trops-effect?:D

chuck snow
08/05/2004, 05:47 AM
Dave is the owner

ostrow
08/05/2004, 06:56 AM
D'OH!

lebowski
08/05/2004, 10:21 PM
I thought Jim was, Dave is just the assistant manager I think... I've never seen him run the store, just Jim...

Either way, he's an jerk.

chuck snow
08/05/2004, 10:26 PM
your right Jim is the owner I stop there today

liz3
08/05/2004, 10:33 PM
Well I'm a newbie and they sold me a white sebae anenome with a sebae clown. They did ask how long tank was up and running and it was about 2 months. Needless to say, even placed at the top of my tank and being fed, after 1 1/2 weeks it died. They do have good prices on their stuff though. Maybe I didn't get the educated clerk.

PI Guy
08/06/2004, 01:05 AM
I have to question someone who would sell you an anemone when you tell them you've only been up and running for 2 months. I would say you would need to mature that tank a while longer and gain a little more experience before you start to add anemones. There was a good article in "Aquarium Fish" Mag about anemones. It was a couple months ago and, for the most part, said anemones are hard to keep, especially if you are a "newbie". It also stated thay don't live long. Good luck in the future. Keep with it.

No expert, JMO!

liz3
08/06/2004, 07:12 AM
The person I asked also seemed to be a manager or owner. Since then, I have learned to do the research and do the impulse buy. I just had never seen a sebae before in the stores I usually go to, and couldn't resist at the time. I though by asking I would get an honest opinion.

On the other hand I did get an open brain and yellow tipped pot/daisy coral and they are doing just fine.

jcheuvront
08/06/2004, 09:48 AM
I've been going there for about three years now. Jim and Dave are great, good people to talk too also when I was a newbie.

I got a sebae from them about 10 months ago it was white and about 4 to 5 inches across. I put it in my 90gal with VHO and within 2 weeks it doubled in size and has a nice deep brown color to it now. It took my percs about 4 months before they would go near it now I get attacked if I get anywhere close to it when I'm cleaning (my clowns like to protect thier home). The sebae is now close to a year old and is huge at least 14 inches across and it is the one thing everyone comments on and loves to look at in my main tank.

I cant wait to see the new shop. I haven't been there in a while since I moved about 45 miles away recently but now I will have to go to the Lombard cruise night early and stop into the shop.

Cheers...
-JonC(monkee13)

ykh
08/06/2004, 02:53 PM
Haven't been there for a while. Last time I went there, I was still a 100% FW guy:) I believe Jim is the manager there since I sold him FW angels before. What is the new store's address?

I personally think that their tanks' prices are reasonable, what do you guys think?

Kean Huat

lebowski
08/07/2004, 10:11 PM
The new store is right down the street, right passed the Z mart.

I've been inside already and it's pretty nice...:)

dbrown
08/08/2004, 12:45 PM
they moved?

lebowski
08/10/2004, 03:24 AM
*will be moving.:)