PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Question

dabbler@nycap
07/31/2004, 10:21 AM
I have a 125gal. FOWLR (no fish yet just cycling). Tank is 72"L X 22"T X 18"D. Presently I have 2 36" twin tube T8 30W light strips. There is room on my hood for another row of strips. I was thinking on putting another row of twin tube strips on with actinic lights. Should I do this or go with something else. I want good coraline growth so what is a good lighting recommendation for my setup.

ol'salty
07/31/2004, 11:37 AM
I am no expert on the matter of lighting, but from what you are saying, that will NOT be enough lighting for what you want to do. There are some very good articles written throughout this forum on the suject of lighting. I personally use VHO lighting. Hope this points you in the right direction. I am new to this forum myself, but there appears to be some really good people on here that are more than willing to help out. God bless these fine folks!

patsfan1130
07/31/2004, 02:45 PM
Another double with actinics would look nice IMO. you could buy the strip and maybe an extra bulb (daylight,50/50 or actinic) and play around until you get the desired effect. as long as your CA & Alk are maintained at optimal levels and you have a decent amount of flow in the tank...coralline algae will grow just fine.

(Ca of around 450 & Alk of around 3.0 meq/L)

Mark