PDA

View Full Version : tired of lfs's in the city, but i don't know the burbs

Merkur
07/30/2004, 10:50 AM
hey yall. i've been frequenting the lfs's in and around the downtown area. as i live downtown and have been here less than two years i really don't know the suburbs or where the other lfs's may be located.

so where can i head out to for a reasonable selection of realisticly priced livestock? fish and corals.

rickyb
07/30/2004, 11:21 AM
Reef Dweller in Chicago. If Menardo doesn't have it, he can ordered for you.

773-271-8887
5858 N Lincoln Ave - Chicago, IL - 60659
http://www.reefaholics.org/Sale/

makoshark
07/30/2004, 11:22 AM
I would say invest in the time to learn where Elburn, IL is (I-88 west to Rt47 North). Nobody compares (except for maybe Menard at Reef Dwellers) to Spash of Life for corals. Fish - I'd recommend Deep Reef Aquatics formerly known as Pet Paradise in Downers Grove. Otherwise check the poll at the top of the CMAS forum.

Merkur
07/30/2004, 11:30 AM
does reef dweller have a walk in storefront??

ostrow
07/30/2004, 11:35 AM
check the multi-page thread on favorite stores at the top of this forum

makoshark
07/30/2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Merkur
does reef dweller have a walk in storefront??

Yep! However, what you see on the web site is different from what you see in the store. If you see something you want off the web site call the store and Menard will bring it in for you. (or so I've read here on RC, haven't ventured that way myself. )

rickyb
07/30/2004, 11:54 AM
you'll missing on some greatness!

Keep in mind that all places are slow during the summer months.
except for Tongs in California! :)

misery
07/30/2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by makoshark
Yep! However, what you see on the web site is different from what you see in the store. If you see something you want off the web site call the store and Menard will bring it in for you. (or so I've read here on RC, haven't ventured that way myself. )

I second that.. Menard has excellent frags!

JimXRS
07/30/2004, 08:06 PM
If you go to Reef Dweller make sure you go to the back of the store. They have some large tubs with clams and a whole mess of frags! Plus, they sell Fiji lr for $3.00 lb. Not too shabby.