PDA

View Full Version : Going From Reef To Fish Only - Anyone?

AlgaeHater
10/12/2001, 12:39 AM
I know that most people go from FO -> FOWLR -> Reef. Has anyone gone back to fish only? Lately, I've had this insatiable craving to get dump my 29 gallon reef and get a 75+ gallon fish only tank. I'm drawn to a cool clown trigger at my LFS. I also miss feeding my old puffer with clams on the half-shell :*(

Also, call me crazy, but I actually miss tinkering with all of the cool filters and other toys that go with FOWLR tanks. I was thinking of getting a Lifeguard fluidized bed or a Marineland Tidepool system.

Lastly, Let's see those nice FOWLR tanks! I know this is "Reef Central" but there HAS to be more people with FOWLR tanks!

Is anyone else thinking of going back to FOWLR? And no, keeping two tanks is not an option in my small apartment.

Once you go reef, you never go back......???

DogueDeBordeaux
10/12/2001, 01:06 AM
I'll never go back to fish only.I do miss the triggers.

OSBrain
10/12/2001, 01:07 AM
What you don't think reef tanks have enough toys to tinker with? I can think of quite a few that are not used on FO but for reefs.

Calcium Reactor
Nilsen Reactor
Auto-top off (Nurce, float valve, dosing pumps)
Wavemakers
Surge Devices
Controllers and Probes
Lighting (halides and hqi)

Are you saying this stuff isn't COOL? Man I love the toys!

Seriously, I know what you mean though. Except a 75 gallon is way to small. If you are going to sacrifice and get a fish only then you gotta go BIG to keep it interesting. I'd say 4-500 gallons minimum!

Brian