PDA

View Full Version : CORA August/Swap Meeting

szwab
07/27/2004, 08:39 PM
The time is getting near for the 7th all Ohio swap and for us time is running out on some major decisions.

I propose a meeting on Thursday August 5th. 7pm at the Palace Theatre. It's a nice size and quiet. We can have a 'serious' meeting for however long it takes, and then venture on for beverages afterwards. Major topic being the Swap plus anything else that needs discussed. There has been in the past and again talk of getting CORA more organized so let's throw this in the pot as well.

If you cannot attend please post any items or concerns in this thread or pm me and I'd be happy to bring items up at the meeting.

I think the big question at hand is what type of support everyone is willing to contribute to the swap. Whether it is monetary or time etc. We have a few venues we are considering, all cost $$. We have had great success in the past and I know many of us would like to see the "All Ohio Swaps" gain in popularity as it only helps our hobby and tanks, besides that they are fun.

That being said anyone who can make this meeting please do. Parking shouldn't be an issue (meters are free) anyone who needs directions let me know.

blueleg
07/27/2004, 10:23 PM
Sounds good, I am sure I can come early and possibly stay afterwards to help at the frag swap.

Assuming I dont have to work on the 5th I will be at the meeting.

Jordan55
07/27/2004, 10:27 PM
I will be at the meeting. I am also willing to help at the swap in anyway possible. Thanks

RocknRoll
07/28/2004, 04:43 AM
I'll be there Mark.

Larry :cool:

bigcat39
07/28/2004, 06:16 AM
Yep I'll be there, prolly with my visiting 16 yr old
Bill

TacoKing
07/28/2004, 06:21 AM
I'm in. I've got a list of vendors that I've contacted. I'll bring that with.
-Rob

Phishy
07/28/2004, 07:55 AM
Sounds great Mark. I will see you on the 5th.
Serdar

cward
07/28/2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by TacoKing
I'm in. I've got a list of vendors that I've contacted. I'll bring that with.
-Rob

:thumbsup:

Norm R
07/28/2004, 03:38 PM
Thanks for getting this going szwab. I'm planning to be there on the 5th.

hollback
07/28/2004, 03:49 PM
I too will be there and I am willing to help out with the frag swap in anyway needed.
~Jason 3

szwab
07/28/2004, 07:57 PM
great response so far!!!

remember, have things in mind of what you'd like to disscuss I would suggest to make notes and bring them.

I'll start working on an "agenda" to give a start and we'll go from there.

RocknRoll
07/29/2004, 04:39 AM
Mark

What street is the Palace on?

Mantis
07/29/2004, 09:16 AM
I'll see you guys there.
Brad

szwab
07/29/2004, 10:15 AM
34 W. Broad Street

between High and Front St.

TacoKing
07/30/2004, 09:41 AM
Is anyone good with graphics/flyers and what not? We need to get a flyer made up to put up at the LFS's in the area and possibly work bulliten boards.

Can anyone take this task?

-Rob

Jordan55
07/30/2004, 03:40 PM
Hey. What kind of flyers? Do you basically want info on it and a pic or 2 of fish or something. I may be able to depending on how you want it. Im sure Blueleg and 30gallongoby could help me.

hollback
07/30/2004, 04:11 PM
Rob,
I have no problem designing a flyer considering that's what I do all day at work! If we can determine all the info that needs to be on them at the meeting I can design an eye-catching flyer that will hopefully encourage more people to participate. Also, depending on how many flyers we need I can most likely print them for free. Also I can create a digital version that we could email. Let me know!
P.S. Does the frag swap need a logo? I think it would be a good idea!
~Jason

szwab
07/30/2004, 06:19 PM
jason a swap logo would be nice. Can you get creative with a CORA logo as well? We'll also need a poster size something or other to list sponors of the swap and for those who will suply items for a raffle. Can you take that on as well. More details at the meeting on Thursday.

seandanekind
08/02/2004, 09:00 AM
I just posted on CincyReef.com to see if we can help officially as a club. I'll be there anyway, and I'm sure a few other CincyReef members will tag along.

I'll try to make the meeting on the 5th (and try not to get a speeding ticket this time like I did at Kingy's), but may be back in Cincy on that day... I'll know by tomorrow.

Jordan55
08/02/2004, 09:55 PM
Hey.
I wont be able to make it out to this meeting. I thought I was going to. I will see you guys at the swap. Will we have a meeting before the swap in September? Thanks

szwab
08/03/2004, 09:52 PM
bumpin to the top.
wanted to make sure evryone realized this is the Palace not where the swap was last year.

If you need directions :

South on High St. turn Right on Broad St. You'll see the marquee. Easiest place to park will be on Front St. at a meter. Go past the theatre front is at the light or you can park at the meters on Broad St. I'll have the theatre locked up just come to the front and I'll let you in. We'll meet in the inner lobby so we can keep an eye out for latecomers. if you need more directions let me know.

see you there!

szwab
08/05/2004, 10:28 AM
don't forget it's tonight!!!

seandanekind
08/06/2004, 12:00 AM
http://www.tag-and-release.com/~ohioreef/images/cora_banner.jpg