PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations needed.

lilclownfish
07/27/2004, 04:25 AM
Hello,

I will be purchasing a new tank in the near future to upgrade from my latest 3ft reef. Some details of the equipment are listed below, but would like some recommendations on the circulation products and the skimmer.

Tank Size: 4ft X 2ft X 2ft
Sump/Fug Size: Standard 3ft
Lighting (Tank): Aquamedic Aqua-sunlight (2 X 250w MH, 15w Moonlight, 2 actincts tubes)
Lighting (Fug): 150w MH (on 24hrs)
Circulation: 1 or 2 Tunze 6060/6000 pumps (circulation in main tank), 400l/ph (circulation for fug), and return pump...I got no idea yet
Skimmer + Pump: Recommendation Please
DSB: 10cm DSB for Fug. and 6cm for Tank
LR: About 10kg for Fug. And 20kg for Tank (Already have quite a lot of LR in 3ft)
Cabinet: Pine cabinet(stained) with doors (no hood)
Heater: 2 X 300w Jager Heaters
Drilled Holes: 2 in and 2 out
Calcium Reactor: Recommendation Please

The tank is mainly for SPS, clams and a few softies. My current 3ft is getting quite small as the corals are growing quite fast, thus the upgrade.

I am greatful for you important recommendations.

Mr. Moray
07/27/2004, 05:45 AM
I was about to suggest a euroreef skimmer cos i heard that they are pretty good, but then jus realised that ur from where i am!!! i would be look at reefonline.com.au, i would go with a aquac EV series, my friend has pne and they are seriouly the BOMB, pulls so much black smelly crap out it aint funny(it really aint cos he gotta empty it heaps!!!), as for the pumps i would think about a lauguna maybe dunno have a browse around reefonline, but i mean return pumps can cost alot (im probably gunna go with an ehiem on my next 4ft), the tunze are good as well they bout AUD$500 from reefonline, thats with controller, as for a calcium reactor i would have a look at aquaticaaustralia.com.au they make good ones, your could also have a look at thier skimmers to, but i dont like the loud noise of a venturi! but they do have some REALLY good beckett skimmers! anyway i think that was all the questions you asked! i noticed that alot of the stuff that reefcentral talks about doesnt mean jack down under!!! have a look at RTAW(reefing the australian way) at masa.asn.au!!!

hope i helped!!!