PDA

View Full Version : BTA question

mjschomer
07/24/2004, 01:05 PM
I just read your booklet "Host Sea Anemone Secrets". It was quite interesting and informative. Thanks for writing it.

I purchased a Rose BTA from a seller on Ebay a couple days ago. It was Fedexed overnight and seems to be adapting well to my aquarium. It has stayed in the crevace I selected for it and appears to be fully inflated. However it's color seems to be much lighter that other Rose BTAs I've seem pictures of. I am concerned that it may be bleached. What do you think? If it is bleached, should I feed silversides or krill? Should I feed more that two-three times per week?

I've attached an image.

http://studentweb.stcloudstate.edu/schomm02/images/aquarium/rbta.jpeg

mjschomer
07/24/2004, 01:08 PM
Here's a closer image.

http://studentweb.stcloudstate.edu/schomm02/images/aquarium/rbta2.jpeg

rshimek
07/24/2004, 01:12 PM
Hi,

It is probably bleached to some extent, although some rose anemones seem to have this white color. Regardless of whether or not it is bleached, you should be feeding it a lot. You might contact RC member (username =) zenya, and see what he recommends for feeding. He has quite a number of thriving rose anemones in his system.

mjschomer
07/24/2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the advice and the quick reply.

zenya
07/24/2004, 03:06 PM
It is a beautiful animal, mjschomer. :)

I also think that it is slightly bleached but it is perhaps just a shipping stress. Given acclimation time and plenty of food,like Dr.Ron had suggested, it should recover quickly.
As far as food, I like to feed my anemones predominately silversides and lance fish but you should experiment and see what type of food your animal prefers. I would also contact the seller and see what he used as food.

On a side note, I love those bulbs at the end of the tenticles and hope yours will keep them :D

mjschomer
07/24/2004, 04:03 PM
Thank you for the post zenya... You found me before I found you :)

rshimek
07/24/2004, 04:41 PM
Gene, [thanks]

zenya
07/24/2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by mjschomer
Thank you for the post zenya... You found me before I found you :)

No problem at all! :)