PDA

View Full Version : When is ICH gone??

Johliatay
10/10/2001, 07:46 AM
I have been treating my fish for ICH now for about two weeks. The spots on my angel are completely gone, but the pectoral fins seem a little cloudy, as does the tail fin. There is also a ragged chunk missing from one of the pectoral fins. She is eating really well, and is not scrapping against the rocks anymore. The only other fish I have in the tank right now is a maroon clown. She never showed any signs of ich. Could this be another bacterial infection, or just the healing process. I am treating with garlic treated food right now and an increase in temp.

budhaboy
10/10/2001, 08:21 AM
Ich Larvae will live for 4-5 weeks average without a host- I.E. the larvae will be in the water and in the substrate for that long. the garlic seems to prevent the larvae from attaching to the fish.continue what you're doing for another 2-3 weeks(I use garlic daily regardless- it enhances the fishes colors greatly) and you should be okay, maybe add a little selcon or other vitamin supplements to their food to help its fin growth...HTH

New Reefer
10/10/2001, 12:59 PM
Actually, there is always a "background" level of ICH in any tank. As long as your fish are not stressed (good water quality, good food, correct temperature, enough oxygen, not over-crowded, etc...) their immune system can cope. Stress them, and ICH will "take over" within 1-2 days.