PDA

View Full Version : im starting a new saltwater tank

justinth10
07/22/2004, 12:48 PM
ive got a ten gallon aquarim and im turning it into a saltwater tank where i can have one or two small fish but my question is what kind of filter would u recommend for a ten gallon saltwater tank? i have a aqua clear 10 gallon filter thing is there anything different out there that i might need or that is better or will that work>\? aim me at justinth1910 or wirte another thread any suggestions or help will be nice

impur
07/22/2004, 01:57 PM
Are you planning to keep anything other than just 2 fish? You need to consider what other kinds of critters you plan to keep. That said, i'd consider at least 1 small powerhead. I have a whisper HOB filter and 2 powerheads in my 10. I like lots of flow.

romunov
07/23/2004, 03:06 PM
Wrong forum. Try 'new to reef keeping'.
IMO, 10g is a good vase. It's not a tank. :( It may be a nice species tank for brittle worms or sth.

MiddletonMark
07/23/2004, 03:14 PM
Along with the `New to the Hobby' forum, I'd also take a peek around the Nano Reef forum ... where people won't treat you rudely for having a small tank. They won't in the New to Hobby forum either.

[some of those nano tanks are truly amazing, some just have never seen what can be done, evidently - I would call them not easy by any stretch - but my fiance had a bubble and tracy brain thrive for over four years in a 10g]

Nano Reef Forum (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=75)