PDA

View Full Version : Madden or 2k5?

lilbuddy
07/22/2004, 10:41 AM
gang just curious what you guys plan on getting.....Ive been talking with thrlride and the price of 2k5 is only 20 bucks compared to 50 for madden...

I think 2k5 gets my vote....

thrlride
07/22/2004, 10:45 AM
2k5 baby! I've always like the Sega Series more than Madden since the Dreamcast days.

seatown76
07/22/2004, 11:20 AM
Yeah but go to any reveiw site and see what you find more with Madden then you will not find wit 2K5

lilbuddy
07/22/2004, 11:30 AM
like what? am i going to find 30 dollars worth of added stuff...I look at game play and graphics....detailed graphics...I dont care about online...I have gone with madden and sega nfl games in the past...I must say madden never seems to change year after year...maybe its just me...but 19.99 is very apealing

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/530/530939p1.html

jlfritsche
07/22/2004, 11:33 AM
Madden all the way....if you think that madden has not changed over the years you probably havent played alot of them. Madden is the standard when it comes to football games........ plus theres probably a reason 2k5 is only 20 bucks!

lilbuddy
07/22/2004, 11:42 AM
i have been playing madden since 00...I like it thats why i buy it but i did get 2k3 and madden 03 one year..i played 2k3 more....if you check out ebgames.com it looks like espn released a lot of games at 19.99.....me personally im sick of paying 50 for a game...

seatown76
07/22/2004, 11:49 AM
Good point about the price of games. I am at the point where I only rent the ones that look interesting because 5 days and 5 dollars later I have beaten the game.

Niven
07/22/2004, 11:55 AM
Why does everyone think that ESPN was the first at the "in the helmet cam" or whatever it's called?? Madden had that 5-6 years ago. If you were going to do a running play it was pretty kewl, but passing plays just didn't cut it.
I don't understand how they could be selling it for $20. I wonder if they're trying to steal the market share and then raise the price next year?????

lilbuddy
07/22/2004, 11:59 AM
yeah who knows why they are selling it so cheap but they got my attention..lol...going to get 2k5 tonight..if it sucks im out 20 bucks....better then a dumb blue face angel I got a few years ago at lfs...150 bucks damn thing died in about a month...LOL

srit1
07/22/2004, 12:15 PM
maybe ESPN Video Games are just fine with taking a lower margin on their sales of Video Games since the game helps their brand development and fuels other interests for them as a whole

thrlride
07/22/2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Niven
I don't understand how they could be selling it for $20. I wonder if they're trying to steal the market share and then raise the price next year?????

Bingo. I think this is their goal.

I, too, have had madden and ESPN games. I really think both are on the same level in quality and graphics. I also agree that madden doesn't change a whole lot each year. Sounds like we have some madden fanboys in here......

I'll save the $30 and get ESPN.

jlfritsche
07/22/2004, 01:31 PM
your right I am a madden fan....but for a reason. Although I havent tried ESPN football in a few years I will check it out and see for myself...game informer is leaning towards ESPN this year. I will have to admit that it will have to be a great game to win me over...ive been playing madden since day one.

lilbuddy
07/22/2004, 02:04 PM
you're just loyal....no problem with that at all...some folks are loyal to playstation..some to nintendo...others like xbox....

I have no loyalty to anything I just play what I like :-)

some times maddens voice gets on my nerves..LOL

Niven
07/22/2004, 02:10 PM
The closer these games get to being the same, the more likely people will just buy the cheaper one.

opihi
07/22/2004, 02:24 PM
i've been playing EA's NCAA 200x series for the past couple years over the NFL games. but seeing the commercial for the 19.99 price tag on 2k5 has really got me interested in buying an NFL game this year.

if i do end up buying one, it's a no brainer IMO. Madden 2005 can not beat that value, period.

Mike: What up man? long time no chat.

lilbuddy
07/22/2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by opihi
Mike: What up man? long time no chat.
not up to much just pray every day we do better then 12-4:mad2:
going to try to get tickets for gmen vs panthers preseason game its going to be a ESPN Thrusday night game...tickets go on sale the 31st....hope to see young eli toss a few...

hows vegas?

oz
07/22/2004, 02:30 PM
I'll be buying Madden's. When will Madden comeout ? Can't wait to get Joe Gibbs' Playbook.

I just hope they added ability for me to do razzle dazzle and ability to lateral the ball.

lilbuddy
07/22/2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by oz
I'll be buying Madden's. When will Madden comeout ? Can't wait to get Joe Gibbs' Playbook.

I just hope they added ability for me to do razzle dazzle and ability to lateral the ball. \
8-9-04

opihi
07/22/2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by lilbuddy
not up to much just pray every day we do better then 12-4:mad2:
going to try to get tickets for gmen vs panthers preseason game its going to be a ESPN Thrusday night game...tickets go on sale the 31st....hope to see young eli toss a few...

hows vegas?

that's a true gmen fan. when you put the losses in front of the wins :D i'm kinda hoping kurt of old resurfaces. he's the best chance we have for a winning season i think.

vegas is cool, uh... well.. HOT, but i'm liking it. life's more laid back so i can enjoy it more. we're waiting for our house to get built so i can upsize to a bigger tank. i'm back to the 50 now.

anyway, back to the topic:

wasn't that just run left side, run middle, run right side? ;)

oz
07/22/2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by opihi
wasn't that just run left side, run middle, run right side? ;)

Well, Bugel snuck in those running plays in there. He was called Air Gibbs when he was in San Diego.

opihi
07/22/2004, 02:54 PM
yeah, i was just kidding. wasn't gibbs in dc when they had the trio of art monks, ricky sanders & gary clark?

oz
07/22/2004, 03:17 PM
yeah, That's right. And this year he got Laveranues Coles, Rod Gardner, James Thrash and Darnerien McCants.

Running Back Portis (Bailey swap from Denver) will have to improve his receiving and catching the ball inside.

They drafted a good TE also.

Its going to be a dog fight in NFC east this year. And we get 3 night games this year.

srit1
07/22/2004, 03:20 PM
a dog fight LOL - Eagles are still the cream of the crop in that division - you'll see :)

back to the games - does ESPN have a franchise mode? I may be weird but thats my favorite part

thrlride
07/23/2004, 09:06 AM
Well, I bought it last night but haven't played it yet. A guy at work bought it too upon my suggestion. Did anyone else get it?

lilbuddy
07/23/2004, 09:30 AM
Yep I got it....palyed one game last night...def worth the money...cool game I didnt have much time to get into detail with it...i just pick "quick game"....only thing bad about the game is T.O on the cover..LOL...I actually like T.O...just dont like PHILLY...:-)

oz
07/29/2004, 09:05 AM
For those who bought 2K5, what do you do with Ricky Williams ?
Oh and Eddie George traded to the Cowboys, etc. ?

How can you update the rosters ?

laxing22
07/29/2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by lilbuddy
....gmen vs panthers preseason game.........
Went to that game last year and the only home win was the other. :D In fack I have never been to a loss - they should give me free season duckets for being a good luck charm :D Do you go up to Albany ?

That one thing I do not like about 2k5 - the Giants SUCK - they are a much better team then what ESPN gave them - then again ESPN has always disliked Big Blue.

2k5 seems to lack the finesse of madden. Also you can not sub out of position (i.e. put Dane in as a fullback to have a thunder lighting back field)

laxing22
07/29/2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by srit1
.......back to the games - does ESPN have a franchise mode? I may be weird but thats my favorite part

It does and has that stupid "Crib" thing as well. Is there a way to turn off those Crib Credit popups ? and "your cell phone is ringing" junk?
The other play feature I do not care for is how you throw to a receiver and suddenly there is triple coverage. Seems it does not effect the ability to catch the ball, just kind of unrealistic that players can run faster then a rifled ball.

lilbuddy
07/29/2004, 09:28 AM
ben,
I'm from the dutchess county / westchester area...I use to go up north when I played ice hockey and we had games up around Troy,NY.....

when i go back to ny its normally either Manhattan or queens...thats where all my family lives now. My brother moved from east rutherford right near giants stadium to socal...cant blame him but he was my gmen connction....Im pretty sure Chris Berman like the gmen....

thrlride
07/29/2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by oz
For those who bought 2K5, what do you do with Ricky Williams ?
Oh and Eddie George traded to the Cowboys, etc. ?

How can you update the rosters ?

I'm sure there will be an online update soon to make those changes.

oz
08/16/2004, 02:33 PM
I bought the madden 2005 this past weekend. Played a few games already. I'm winning too easily (68 nothing in one game) on the PRO level. I might try go up to all pro and "all madden" soon. So far, I like the game, haven tried out all the new features yet.

Kicking sucks. Can't quite figure it out yet. I'm always kicking it out of bounce on kickoffs, shanking the punt and missing the FG.

Other than that, my only complaint so far is that Madden 2005 got the ugliest group of cheerleading clones. You can switch team but you'll get the same ugly cheerleaders.