PDA

View Full Version : 7 months and counting. Will anything live?

prespr
07/21/2004, 09:31 PM
My fish tank is 7 months old. I have no fish and no corals. I had a clownfish for 4 months but he died after the kole tang who I had for 6 weeks develope ick after a power outage. My tank has been fallow for 5 weeks now. I am gunshy now though and can't decide waht to do . I do not have lighting yet but I am trying to decide to stock with fish first or what. I would like to add a clown or two, a kole tang, a mandarin goby(I know they need lots of pods), ???, Xenia, maybe an anemone, perhaps clam depending on whether or not I get enough lighting. Obviously this is not an extensive list but any advise on my best chances for keeping stuff alive. My water parameters are great 1.024, 8.2 Ph, kH 10, ammonia 0, nitrates 0. And usually are. Do water changes 1-2 x's per month. My shrimp, except for the fire who I believe unsucessfully molted, have all done well. I still have all of them, my cleaner and 3 peppermints.

K9
07/21/2004, 09:51 PM
If your inverts are doing fine, then I'd say that the Ich was your problem. I suggest waiting one more week, then adding one hardy fish such as a Clownfish or Lawnmower Blenny. Make sure that you acclimate the new fish properly as well before adding them to the tank.

prespr
07/23/2004, 09:53 PM
tanks! Don't lawnmower blennies "eat" the sand and spit it back out? Right fish?