PDA

View Full Version : Is the server really better?

slickchick
07/20/2004, 12:27 PM
I am so frustrated by how slow the site is. I know that I am not a premium member but I would like to become one if I can know that the website will be faster to load, etc.

Thanks

gregt
07/20/2004, 12:30 PM
The site is at full power and is not having any issues currently. I wonder if you are having a networking issue getting to the site...

danellis06460
07/20/2004, 12:59 PM
Even when the site was having problems the only way I could tell was that search was constantly unavailable. Speed seemed fine.

I think the issue might be at your end, its working fine for me at home and at work.

You dont have dial up do you ?

Originally posted by slickchick
I am so frustrated by how slow the site is. I know that I am not a premium member but I would like to become one if I can know that the website will be faster to load, etc.

Thanks

gregt
07/20/2004, 01:03 PM
Even when the site was having problems the only way I could tell was that search was constantly unavailable. Speed seemed fine.

This statement is accurate. The server never experienced slowdowns. Only search engine refusals.

slickchick
07/20/2004, 05:50 PM
I have DSL. It just seems like the site is a lot slower than Nano-reef.com. Maybe there are 100x more people on RC. It just seems to take a long time for certain forums to open up and navigating the site just seems slow to me. Maybe I need to be more patient, LOL

gregt
07/20/2004, 06:06 PM
I would say there is a problem. Under normal conditions RC loads very quickly.

gregt
07/20/2004, 06:06 PM
I just loaded the main forum page in under two seconds, which is pretty typical....

MalHavoc
07/20/2004, 06:09 PM
About three seconds for me, on average. I did it a bunch of times, clearing my cache each time.

thedude
07/21/2004, 05:12 PM
I'm stuck with dialup here at home and the forums pop right up. Most of the images are in cache, but it loads in less than 10 seconds.