PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Reefpack 500

The Jackel
07/20/2004, 11:28 AM
Anybody use one? What do you think about how it works, sets up, etc. I am thinking about getting one for my Q tank and it seems like a nice all in one idea.

Thanks in advance.

The Jackel

routman
07/20/2004, 11:34 AM
Jackel,

I'm not familiar with the Tunze Reefpack 500, but I did notice one on ebay. Do a search on Tunze Reefpack 500 and you will find one. It might be a way to get one a little cheaper than buying it new

Dave

The Jackel
07/20/2004, 11:38 AM
Thanks...I have been looking into them but not sure how the "all-in-one" idea really works out in an actual setting. Some "All-in-one" type products skimp on quality just to make it simple and compact...so I am just trying to find out what the opinions are on this unit.

Thanks again

rufio173
07/20/2004, 11:41 AM
Jackel,

Tunze stuff is quality stuff. I think that build quality will be very good, however, not sure about the implementation of the concept. It is very unlikely that they would have put something out that would sully their good rep. though. I'm sure that it isn't better than a system that is custom configured, but is probably a good compromise of sorts for the convenience.

Just my thoughts.

Peace,
John H.

The Jackel
07/20/2004, 11:48 AM
John...That is what I was thinking for use on a secondary tank..The convenience factor could be very high (and I agree on Tunze in general)...Hopefully I will hear from someone that has used one to get their opinion.

Thanks

mr294
07/20/2004, 01:38 PM
Unfortunately I cannot provide any direct experience with the Reefpack, but I have had experience with the Comline skimmer which is incorporated into the product. I've used one of the smaller Comline skimmers (3115/2 I believe), and I found it to be extremely quiet and efficient. I only used it for a couple weeks while a friend was setting up his tank, but it extracted quite a bit of dark skimmate in the short time I had it running. IMO the comline skimmer bundled with a surface skimmer, an osmolator, and mechanical filter would make a very nice filtration package for a QT tank.