PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid snails

w3rdup!
07/19/2004, 09:24 PM
Ugh, well my I had gotten my first clam and it didnt last to long. After I started doing some searching to see why it may have died I noticed that I had these bad things called pyramid snails.

Have no idea how I got them, maybe they were on a rock or how else could I have gotten them. Im thinkin they were there before I got the clam because they're alot of them running around. Maybe snails or something.

Anyway is there any possible way to get rid of these things?? Do they have any natural predators that might erradicate them?? Or would I have to tear down my sand bed. Everytime I see those little suckers it gets me mad! :mad2:

NFed16
07/19/2004, 10:04 PM
Many people use either a six line wrasse or a yellow coris wrasse to eat the snails. Both are reef safe.

w3rdup!
07/19/2004, 10:11 PM
Ive got a six-line, thing is ive never actually seen em pick at the little suckers. Would a six-line and a yellow coris be ok with each other?

dlh5150
07/19/2004, 10:16 PM
Are these snails always white, or can they be black also? I have had a huge population explosion of tiny black snails.

Thanks,

dlh

w3rdup!
07/20/2004, 10:23 AM
Not really sure, they ones Ive seen in my tank and pictures online have always been little white ones. They look like little grains of rice.