PDA

View Full Version : Are all Coral Beauties as tough as mine?

DonJasper
07/19/2004, 11:55 AM
So far it's survived all the dumb/careless stuff I've done. Ick, dumping the kalkwasser sludge in the tank. (On the bright side of the 'sludge dump' I thought that maybe I'd finally taken care of those blasted peppermint shrimp. Only got one, the rest survived. Curse them! :lol: ). It's not that I aspire to be a dumb*ss, but being an "idiot" is a part time job and I never seem to miss my shift.

The latest is having the rocks making up his hiding place shift. I was trying to pick them off the top of the pile. I noticed the effects the next morning when he was all scraped up. In a panic I fed the tank, with my nose plastered to the glass. He raced around gobbling down the food, eyes and mouth seems to be working normally. And ... well ... the other end seemed to be working to.

His energy level seems the same, and he's looking less like a burn victim everyday.

AttackDonut
07/19/2004, 03:24 PM
Good for you, I've not had much luck with Coral Beauties, though I love them so, I have to view them from the ocean only.

mickey57
07/19/2004, 03:37 PM
...A flame angel will kill them.I had to get another coral beauty a few years ago because of that.I traded the flame in for another beauty.I caught my beauty tailing the hell out of a my big sattle-back,but he only has one eye;)
......Mickey

roushboy2857
07/20/2004, 08:38 AM
My Coral Beauty's huge! He's atleat 6". It's the best looking one I've seen. I'll try to get some pics up. Mines tough but not sure if he's that tuff.

maxpower2112
07/20/2004, 03:28 PM
My coral beauty was the sole survivor of an epidemic that killed all my fish. It never got ick and is the oldest fish in my tank. Probably the most hardy of all the fish I have ever kept.