PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn Growth

BillnJennh
07/17/2004, 01:23 PM
I wonder how quickly a frogspawn will calcify with new growth? I have a small frag that is constantly growing new tentacles, with the older ones growing in length--but I'm not really seeing any change in the skeleton. That is, I'm not seeing any appreciable change in the skeleton. I figure that if the tentacles are growing so nicely, then the skeleton HAS to be putting on some mass also--even if I'm not noticing it.

Billy

gmcbroom
07/17/2004, 06:05 PM
I have no idea. However since, I might be getting a Frogspawn in the near future I guess I'll tag along.

BillnJennh
07/17/2004, 06:34 PM
My frog is really small right now, compared to what it will be--but I think it has more personality then any other of my corals.

EricHugo
07/17/2004, 06:38 PM
You'll probably see corallite division more than extension of length although there will be some extension visible as new white skeleton if you lift up or look under the polyp tentacles.

BillnJennh
07/17/2004, 07:02 PM
That is more than likely what I am seeing then. I have noticed the "bubble" that some others around here have been talking about on their frogs, that they see right before a head division. I'm hoping to see a head division very soon.