PDA

View Full Version : candy cane corals

Mo2
07/15/2004, 03:29 PM
Do cane cane corals like a lot of water flow? I have 2 "heads" and one seems to open up better than the other. Also, my frags havent opened up as much as others that i have seen. Is this normal? do different colors open differently? How peaceful are they? will they harm zoo's if the zoo's are placed close to them?

brc0488
07/15/2004, 11:56 PM
well i have my candy cane on the sand and i read that they are pretty harmless... i also have two heads

MCsaxmaster
07/16/2004, 02:07 AM
Caulastea tend to prefer moderate currents in my experience. In fact, the more like a gentle surging current the better. As for whether they are expanding as they should--I can't really say without seeing them. Yes, some do expand relatively more than others (remember, there are several species in this genus). There could also be a water quality or aggression issue affecting them. See the "Rules for posting" and we may be able to help.

As for their aggression. Yes, they could bother some zoanthids, but I'd be much more worried about the zoanthids bothering them. In any event I'd keep the two well spaced.

Cheers,

-Chris