PDA

View Full Version : Do you think my Xenia will be ok??

JumboShrimp
07/15/2004, 12:49 PM
I ordered a blue xenia that came in today, Im im going to go pick it up around 3:30... the fish store says they wont put it in a holding tank for some reason... yesturday my tank started leaking, but I got a new tank and the perameters are ok... the nirites are at 0.1 but my other corals and hermits and snails seem fine... The water is cloudy from the sand storm...do you think the xeni will be ok?

jimmyp
07/15/2004, 12:52 PM
probably. im assuming you moved all the stuff in your old tank into your new tank? how much original water made it to the new tank? if it was over 50% then i would assume you would be fine. as im sure you know, xenias can be delicate and slow acclimation is neccesary. but if it looks fine in the bag, you should be ok.

jim

JumboShrimp
07/15/2004, 01:03 PM
ok my ammonia is also .1 ... I thought the skimmer would help though... my perameters were fine untill today... I DID have to do a 50% change because of the spill and I think my RO/DI unit need a new filter....

JumboShrimp
07/15/2004, 01:03 PM
how many hours acclimation??

Mariner
07/15/2004, 01:38 PM
Xenia typically does not need long acclimation periods. Assuming the SG of the water it comes in is at or near the SG of your tank water, it'll probably do fine with 1/2 an hour or even less. Just get the temp evened out and put it in your tank.
FWIW,
Mariner

JumboShrimp
07/15/2004, 01:44 PM
my spec. grav. is 1.023