PDA

View Full Version : Live Rock??

RUSTY2
07/10/2004, 08:46 AM
What type of live rock would be the best for my FO 100gal tank
with DSB .. clown fish , tangs, chromis fish ......??? 150-200 lbs of live rock that i will be using....

Russ:strooper:

tim n heather
07/10/2004, 08:55 AM
we used tampa bay and have good resilts

greenbean36191
07/10/2004, 09:14 AM
Any LR will be fine, it's really a personal choice. My personal favorites are Bali, Kaelini, and good ole Fiji. I would build the base out of Fiji and then add the Bali or Kaelini on top. IMO with TBS you pay alot more for stuff that you don't need, and won't last long. Alot of people think Pacific rock looks dead compared to TBS, but in the long run the Pacific really blooms. If you do choose Pacific rock, mail order it. The stuff at most LFS is overpriced and has been sitting in small, dimly lit tanks for too long. My .02

R33f3r
07/10/2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by greenbean36191
Any LR will be fine, it's really a personal choice. My personal favorites are Bali, Kaelini, and good ole Fiji. I would build the base out of Fiji and then add the Bali or Kaelini on top. IMO with TBS you pay alot more for stuff that you don't need, and won't last long. Alot of people think Pacific rock looks dead compared to TBS, but in the long run the Pacific really blooms. If you do choose Pacific rock, mail order it. The stuff at most LFS is overpriced and has been sitting in small, dimly lit tanks for too long. My .02

That is a very good analysis. I would go with pacific myself...