PDA

View Full Version : Green brain...I just got but he has some receding tissue...I need opinions.

67muscle
10/04/2001, 08:21 PM
Well I just got a green open brain...it looks to be in good shape (great color) and was expanded in the LFS tank. He did tell me it had some old receding tissue but it shouldn't be an issue and it'll survive. I'm not sure...honestly I haven't a clue! In my experience (not a whole lot) if a coral is showing skeleton it's on its way to a slow death.

I called the shop when I got home after I was having second thoughts and he said he'd take care of it if it dies or if I just wanna replace it.

SO should I keep it? Or should I trade it in, which I'd have to wait til tuesday since they have almost everything already sold as far as corals go.

hcs3
10/04/2001, 09:21 PM
[welcome]

a GOB, or most any LPS for that matter, can grow back receded tissue. i would keep the coral. the additional stress of moving it several tiems may do it in. instead, keep it and heavily feed it. it should grow back.

HTH

henry

67muscle
10/05/2001, 07:49 PM
Thanks

Old Yeller Tang
10/05/2001, 10:44 PM
I have a red open brain that showed signs of receding which was the reason why the wholesaler gave me a discount on it. After six months now, it's looking great. I can still see a little bit of the skeleton but not much. A friend gave a meat coral that was half dead and it regenerated itself and is looking very good. And I almost threw it out.

junkzoo
10/05/2001, 11:38 PM
same here, had a green and red open brain that receded a bit,after a while (and upgraded my lights) they started to grow back pretty well, not back to original condition, but on there way back ,,,hang in there on them

tyoberg
10/08/2001, 12:39 PM
67-
keep an eye on it. It should be ok, but open brains can recede very quickly when they've got problems.

It may take a while, but it will recover the receded areas. Mine certainly is.

Ty

NewMariner
10/08/2001, 12:43 PM
Receding Brain Lines....Hmmm Interesting...:D