PDA

View Full Version : finally something is growing besides algea!

solRNY
07/02/2004, 05:38 PM
just wanted to share...

so i was cleaning the algea from the glass and found that i have a new zoo polyp! i am pretty excited that something is actually growing in my tank!

http://home.rochester.rr.com/solrny/fish%20tank/newPolyp.jpg

i also trapped those peppermint shrimp that been dinning on my zoos, traded them in for credit at petworld and saw this!

http://home.rochester.rr.com/solrny/fish%20tank/seabae.jpg

i read that clownfish will host these.... so why not! come to find out that these are hard to keep alive. it has yet to move. i feed it a piece of shrimp and it manage to move the shrimp to its mouth tentacle at a time.

i am looking for some more zoos, pulsing xenia, and some macro algea. if you have alot of these and want to get rid of some let me know, i have some money in the piggy bank left :)

rwdandald
07/02/2004, 07:24 PM
Nice pics! Mine never come out so clear! Glad to hear your tank is doing well. I have some "mexican caulerpa" and if you wanted it a small piece of rock with Green star polyps on it and some xenia - no need to get out the piggy bank out. PM if you want any of those - I will be in rochester area next weekend.

AberFitchFish
07/02/2004, 09:18 PM
The second pciture is really pretty, what type of creature is that, anemone? it's beautiful :)

solRNY
07/02/2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by rwdandald
Nice pics! Mine never come out so clear! Glad to hear your tank is doing well. I have some "mexican caulerpa" and if you wanted it a small piece of rock with Green star polyps on it and some xenia - no need to get out the piggy bank out. PM if you want any of those - I will be in rochester area next weekend.

rwdandald, thanks for your generousity! i am overwhelmed(sp) on how generous you URS poeple are, not only with the advices but with coral that everyone else are trying to make a $buck from. hopefully one day when my tank blossom i can repay ya. the pics are touched up a bit using paintshoppro; the background was a tad dark.

Originally posted by AberFitchFish
The second pciture is really pretty, what type of creature is that, anemone? it's beautiful :)

AberFitchFish , i believe it a seabae anenome(sp)and it is bleached. from what i have read it is lacking zooxanthellae so instead of looking white it will look greenish.

ReeferMac
07/03/2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by solRNY
AberFitchFish , i believe it a seabae anenome(sp)and it is bleached. from what i have read it is lacking zooxanthellae so instead of looking white it will look greenish.

Nah, it'll get kind of a grey-ish coloring to it, when happy. About 2 feet across, too.

http://reef.myip.org/frames/images/invert/sebae_640x480_index.gif

;)

- Mac

Hound
07/03/2004, 10:04 AM
looks like a condy anemone close to the sabie ....if it is a condy they usally stay white maybe a brownish tan color buy mainly white due to its orgins in deep water....condys dont require high light gut will need to be feed food

scaz
07/03/2004, 07:19 PM
what kind of lights should you get to have one of those, currently i have a 20 H and i'm working on getting a 55 gallon 4' tank started soon. I'm having my dad build me a stand for my 55 gallon tank, but i don't know when that will be finished. to buy some for my 20 is over a $100, but to get like 440 watts of vho's is about $250. but even if i get vho's should i get 2 10k and 2 antec's?

Hound
07/03/2004, 09:01 PM
could be a sabe too....lol.....well the sabae needs a bit more light then the condy...i have my normal lights for FW still on mine till my lights come...so i just make sure i feed the condy a bit more until they get here to make up for the lack of light....for a 20 2x65 powercompacts would be perfect for the 55 im not sure i like the atinic's gives a nice color and gives a good day and evening cycle