PDA

View Full Version : Reef Splendor

seaham358
07/01/2004, 07:55 AM
Went there last night and picked up a few things.... There selection is HUGH..... The fish are all real nice and the fish prices are real good. The Corals were very nice with a large selection to pick from but IMO the prices were high on some items. I will be making a regular stop there.... Just looking at all the stuff they have is fun.
Dan was great, he answered all our questions.

WIKI2ECHO
07/01/2004, 09:09 AM
Hello Seaham358
I am a reefer in putnam county(Carmel). Have heard of Reef Splendor but thought they were just for wholesale?? If they are a retailer, could you get me directions from Carmel Rt84.

Thanks Bill

seaham358
07/01/2004, 09:17 AM
They are now open to the public on Wed, Sat-Sun. Check there site on RC fourms.
TSP to Rt 52 west take left on Blue Hill Rd Take a left at the end. On to Shenandoah Rd. Take this a 1-2 miles till you go over 84 then take first left onto Jackson Rd. Stay on this and it will fork go right till the end... Large Barn type building.
They have some great stuff there.....

Tomzpc
07/01/2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by seaham358
They are now open to the public on Wed, Sat-Sun. Check there site on RC fourms.
TSP to Rt 52 west take left on Blue Hill Rd Take a left at the end. On to Shenandoah Rd. Take this a 1-2 miles till you go over 84 then take first left onto Jackson Rd. Stay on this and it will fork go right till the end... Large Barn type building.
They have some great stuff there.....

Just to clarify what Bob said, they now have a "wholesale club" that is available to hobbiests. Membership is $50 and club hours are on Wednesday, Saturday and Sundays. Like Bob said, check the Reef Splendor forum here on RC for more details.

Bill...I'm in Pawling and originally from Brewster. You should consider joining our reef club. Feel free to spend some time and pop in on this forum and on our own forum at hvreef.org.

Tom

WIKI2ECHO
07/01/2004, 12:07 PM
Bob and Tom:
Thanks a million for the info on Reef Splendor. I will check them out for sure. There isn;t a LFS within 50 miles that my son and I haven't been to in the past 2 years. In fact, we were just out to Country Critters in Patchogue just recently which qualiffies as > 50 miles.
I have to admit I 've lurked at your forum time to time. Would seem that most members are farther north and west . I appreciate the offer and hospitality.

Bill