PDA

View Full Version : HVRK past and present

Reelfish
06/27/2004, 01:05 PM
I am writting this post in responce to the latest fallout. I have been a member of the club for a year and a half. I was opposed of the "organization" of the club because of the impact it would have on a group of people getting together to share experiances. I was involved originally on the group buy of the live rock until the fighting began over the supplier. I think things got out of control then and are so again now. We are loosing knowledgeable people! The club is not about pictures of "The Big Hug", Thongs, attacking people for their opinions, nicknames, comments like "Finely" or saying argumentive opinions and then shutting a post down. I think the way Frank was treated after all he has done for this club was horrible and now Adam? I always thought the purpose of the club was about people enjoying and sharing a hobby.

Bob

Tomzpc
06/27/2004, 02:29 PM
Hi Bob,

Long time no hear. The club has not changed from how it ever was IMO. The meetings are all still the same. The organization which is still being discussed is relatively minor. I don't see how that has had or will have any effect on how the club goes. I for one was very dissappointed when Frank chose to leave, but I know of no instance where anyone mistreated him. As far as I know it was all about the back and forth comments pertaining to a certain LFS that Frank patronizes. Adam has differences with two or three different members that all go back to the LFS problems. I don't think that either Adam or the other parties ever tried to resolve their differences one on one, but I could be mistaken. Apparently, a strain remained there and that's the reason that Adam had chosen to stay away for the most part. Individuals have made comments that should not have been made. Unfortunately it happened and people need to stand up and resolve their differences. If they don't then this is what happens. It's sad but inevitable whenever you put together a group of people for just about any purpose.

All of the problems have stemmed from the original LR-group buy incident. Unfortunately we as a club are still wounded as a result of all of that BS.

That's the last that I'm going to say about this here. This is a discussion which should be taken private to avoid yet another thread gone-awry.

Tom