PDA

View Full Version : Spa-flex glue???

Snap-on
06/22/2004, 01:35 PM
I noticed there is large gaps between spa flex and pvc fittings... Can I use regular pvc glue for spa flex pvc without problems or leaks? Or do I need to buy the glue made for spa flex applications? Thanks for the help!

pmrogers
06/22/2004, 02:26 PM
I used regular PVC glue on all of mine and haven't had any problems. But I didn't have any large gaps, either. Are you sure you're matching up proper size fittings? Mine were all too tight to socket deeply by hand, only after the primer and glue were on could I slide connections fully together.

Regards,

dkh0331
06/22/2004, 02:28 PM
Here is what I used, no leaks.

http://www.savko.com/partlist.asp?pgid=8&ptid=27&pid=137

HTH

David

Snap-on
06/22/2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pmrogers
I used regular PVC glue on all of mine and haven't had any problems. But I didn't have any large gaps, either. Are you sure you're matching up proper size fittings? Mine were all too tight to socket deeply by hand, only after the primer and glue were on could I slide connections fully together. The 3/4" isn't too bad, but the 1" is worse. Both have play in the fittings, and compared to hard pvc, it's a loose fit. I would assume I have the right size. Does anyone else see a lot of play with spa flex? Or does everyone's fit as tight as a nat's butt over a five gallon bucket? Thanks

Infinitereef
06/22/2004, 02:51 PM
Did you just apply the glue on the flex and slip the flex into the pvc fittings. Thinking of doing the spa-flex as well.

WifesaysImnuts
06/22/2004, 02:55 PM
My fittings were very tight. I couldn't get them all they way into the fitting at all without glueing them first.

hwynboy
06/22/2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by dkh0331
Here is what I used, no leaks.

http://www.savko.com/partlist.asp?pgid=8&ptid=27&pid=137

HTH

David

I used the same thing.

dkh0331
06/22/2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Infinitereef
Did you just apply the glue on the flex and slip the flex into the pvc fittings. Thinking of doing the spa-flex as well.

I applyed the glue to both the parts, inserted, twisted and held it for a moment.

David

Snap-on
06/22/2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by WifesaysImnuts
My fittings were very tight. I couldn't get them all they way into the fitting at all without glueing them first. Maybe I should throw out the spa flex I have and buy it elsewhere??? Anyone else? Thanks

PENNYWISE
06/22/2004, 03:15 PM
I've used both 3/4" and 1" pvc to flex tubing. My fittings are always to tight to slip them all the way on until the glue is applied, and then they slip right on.