PDA

View Full Version : An idea...

snowroach
06/22/2004, 01:20 AM
I've been thinking lately on what kind of tank I would like to upgrade to from my 29G. I would like to have a custom made tank from acrylic but don't have the money to have it made.

Then I was reading threads about making your own and I thought it would be a good idea to save some cash, the problem is I don't have all of the necessary tools to do this (mainly a table router, but I have a regular one). Or the experience.

Not that I could do this soon but I thought it would be cool to get a bunch of people together and help each other out making various tanks, sumps, overflows etc out of acrylic. If we could get someone who has done this sort of thing before it would be even better.

I kind of got the idea from a old car club I used to belong to, we would have wrench days were everyone would get together and help each other out with there car projects.

Has this been done before with MARS? What do you all think about this idea?

bookfish
06/22/2004, 01:56 AM
I was having this very discussion with some BAR members today at TP. I think we may have a source for cheap sheets.-Jim

snowroach
06/23/2004, 07:45 PM
^^^^^bump^^^^^

bookfish
06/26/2004, 11:03 AM
I've been following the acrylicman thread on the DIY forum and besides a tble saw w/fences we would need to have access to a bench planer/joiner to finish the edges well enough to get good seals.
Know anyone with a good shop?
Anyone??-Jim