PDA

View Full Version : Cyano Problem in Fuge

LIREEF
06/16/2004, 12:39 PM
Hi All,

I've noticed that recently I've been getting a cyano problem. It's only in the fuge right now. Here are specs on my fuge setup:
20 Gallon tank
1 36W PC (coralife)
EV180 skimmer
one rio 1100 powerhead from display to fuge

I have one snail and one crab in there. I also have red algae on the walls. This stuff is killing my macro. What can I do to fix this. I also want to limit the amount of invert's that could eat the pods. I know chemi-clean works, but I don't like adding chemicals. Any suggestions? Thanks for your assistance.

Randy Holmes-Farley
06/16/2004, 12:54 PM
The ways to reduce cyano, short of antibiotics and such, are to decrease nutritents, decrease organics (skimming, carbon, etc), and increase water motion.

LIREEF
06/16/2004, 04:57 PM
Thanks. I am skimming and I have just recently added chemipure to the tank. I will add some more movement in the skimmer. Thanks for your quick reply and assistance.

LIREEF
06/16/2004, 04:58 PM
sorry, I will add water movement to the fuge. and continue the skimming. It's a bad month for me. Thanks again.

Randy Holmes-Farley
06/16/2004, 07:24 PM
You're welcome. I hope things start looking up. :)

LIREEF
06/17/2004, 09:19 PM
After this month everything should hopefully be better. The fish tanks are at the buttom of the list now. My father went in for gamma knife today at nyu and I'm going in for stents in one week. Thanks again for the help. I think the power heads will do the trick. I just installed them a little while ago.

Randy Holmes-Farley
06/18/2004, 06:02 AM
You're welcome and good luck with everything.