PDA

View Full Version : My Mushrooms!

juprana
06/08/2004, 01:03 AM
Dear the Mushroom on live rock they dont open what food they need to look healthy i feed the anemone food and iodine and trace elements all once in week ! Kindly tell me coz i have many rocks with mushrooms and they r gettin weak

clown2be
06/08/2004, 01:29 AM
I love shrooms. They are tricky to get just right. Mine always do well when iodine is done on a daily supply. shrooms will open more when hungry, looking for food. someone once said that just because a coral is not open does not mean it is unhealthy. just has everything it needs. (food-light)

rshimek
06/09/2004, 11:17 AM
Hi,

Neither iodine nor trace element supplements are necessary. In fact, both are poisons and in even slightly elevated concentrations will cause distress and death.

Most "anemone" food is also useless and, in fact, are simply pollutants. Just feed your aquarium with normal foods for your fish and other decorative livestock and the mushrooms will be fine. Most of them need rather specific current and light requirements; often tending toward low currents and relatively dim lighting.

Good luck! :D