PDA

View Full Version : IPSF worth it?

Yodeling
06/06/2004, 10:43 AM
I'm trying to make my DSB live and I've been thinking about the IPSF live sand activator, but I'm a bit weary of bying anything from a guy who sells 6 snails for $35 and 6 bristle worms for $20.

Has anyone (who values their money) had a good experience with IPSF?

Thanks!

Cannonball888
06/06/2004, 11:41 AM
I think they're a rip-off. You'll end up paying close to $100 with shipping for their "activator" Just get some live sand from an established tank to seed. If you want some critters get them from www.floridapets.com They're prices are great.

Raki04
06/06/2004, 11:56 AM
This guy Bob sells great divitore starter kits for around 100 bucks with shipping you get worms , sand, snails , the little starfisf that split and reproduce on there own . LR rubble and lots of pods . He lives here in Philly but will ship anywhere. Just tell him Raki recomended his stuff.
rs19148@comcast.net

JHReef
06/06/2004, 02:15 PM
I got a 9 for $99 kit from IPSF and was very happy. You can chose from several options and shipping is included in the price. He also threw in more than he advertised as far as hermits, snails, pods, etc. Sure, if all you need is sand, buying it mail or web order is too expensive. I went to IPSF for diversity to start my system, and by the way, all of his stuff is aquacultured. You only get nailed if you buy one thing and have it shipped. Any of the sites you go to have some type of packaging/handling charge AND shipping to boot. The idea is to buy as much stuff as they can fit in that one box. Shipping will be same, so you save.

Legal Reefer
06/06/2004, 05:08 PM
I personally thought the 9 for $99 rocked.

koj11
06/07/2004, 02:28 AM
I have only had good experiences with IPSF also.