PDA

View Full Version : wHITE STUFF ON BRAIN!

acroreef123
06/06/2004, 09:05 AM
Help!! i have a 30 gallon reef aquarium which i have had for a year. My latest addition was a 6 inch green open brain that i had for 2 weeks with no problems. then i woke up one morning and noticed a small cotton-like thing about the size of a pencil lead on it and i kinda blew it off, but then over the next few days it became little sploches of white cottony stuff (that wont suction off) all over the one side. when i filter feed that sides tenticals are not coming out. Any ideas, What should I do.

Acroreef123

G-money
06/06/2004, 09:37 PM
Have you got a pic?
It's kind of hard to say without one. What you are describing sounds fungus-like, but I doubt that's what it is.
How is the tissue in the affected area? Receding? Deflated?
Can you pick it off? Is it growing on the tissue or the skeleton?

acroreef123
06/07/2004, 12:03 AM
The tissue is SLIGHTLY receding, the spots won't suction off, the spots are on the tissue, no skeleton showing, brain seems almost unaffected (sweepers out at night, puffs up huge in the mornings) however the "spots" are spreading! Nothing else in the tank is affected, fox coral right above it is doing great! Using Coral-vital and Marine-C from Kent daily and Lugols solution weekly. How about an iodine dip?

acroreef123
06/07/2004, 12:29 AM
Oh and also, the affected area (under the little white cotton spots) is turning kinda a purple color. The little white spots cluster together and look almost like bubbles or see through eggs. I will try to get you a pic tomorrow.

I am currently feeding with Kent ChromaPlex and ZooPlex a few times weekly. I read about someone feeding their brain raw shrimp. What do you think?