PDA

View Full Version : Crown Leather Frag

firefish2020
06/05/2004, 06:56 PM
I would like to thank Bruce for the donation of the cream crown leather (sarcophyton) that was fragged out in my demo. I would like to remind everyone who got a frag of this leather that it is huge and rare. It has very long polyps, which often exceed 1.5 inches in length on a good day with just the right lighting and water flow it may exceed 2 inches! It is at least 4 to 5 generations aquacultured. It is the reason we propagate, to insure the survival of these species. Please update me as to how well yours is doing.

<b>Some general rules for your new frag:</b>

1. Place the unattached frag on a rock in a quiet area of your tank. If you decide to band it to a rock be sure to make it very loose or you will end up with 2 frags instead of one.

2. After about 2 weeks it will attach to the rock or ruble you placed it on. At this time you may move it up higher toward the light, the more light the more polyp extension you will see and the faster it will grow.

Remember this is a rare coral please frag it out when it’s old enough and make sure it has a long long life.

If you were lucky enough to get one of these frags please be sure to thank Bruce and if you want to give him something for donating this coral he like sps frags, and zoanthids.

LowCel
06/05/2004, 08:11 PM
You're welcome. Hope everyone learned something about fragging. Also hope that everyone that received a frag of it enjoys it.

pappygonefishin2002
06/06/2004, 11:56 PM
I too would like to thank everyone for the great frags, and lowcel that was an awesome donation, never seen one like it either, looking great already! Thanks : Would also like to thank BigMG for the SPS, and everyone participating in making the club an enjoyable success Thanks All