PDA

View Full Version : Chemi-Clean

clkman
06/05/2004, 02:25 PM
Have any of you that have treated with Chemi-Clean have ever forgot to do the water change after treatment. Did you experience any adverse effects from this error?

Here is my story. Few days before memorial weekend I decided to treat my 55 gallons tank with the intention to do the water change before we left for the weekend. Unfortunately my schedule went crazy and I was unable to do the water change.
Now a week and half later things look great. In fact during this past few days I have noticed and incredible amount of growth in my invertebrates and corals. Tested my water this morning and every looks great, here is my dilemma, I subscribe to the philosophy “if there is nothing wrong with it, don’t mess with it�.

Should I just let it go and do my normal water change in couple weeks.

Please advice.

waves
06/05/2004, 02:34 PM
I used Boyds Chemi clean a couple weeks ago. I started with 50% recommended dosage on day one and since all was ok used the remaining 50% dosage on day two. As the directions indicate the chemical causes a rapid oxygen depletion, and I did watch the ORP meter drop from 350 to 220 within minutes( one reason I started with half). I did change about 10%( on a 180 gal) after 2 days, and was wondering the reason for the water change. I suspect it is to remove cyano dying organics and to recover the oxygen concentration to a certain extent. I can't believe it has to do with diluting/removing the chemiclean residual as a 20% water change wouldnt do it. Personally, I'd do the water change because it certainly cant hurt.