PDA

View Full Version : clowns with other fish

burnthalo
06/03/2004, 12:05 PM
I have 2 other damsels, and 1 true percula clown, as well as some other things in my tank (chocolate chip starfish, hairy brittle star, non hairy brittle star, a turbo snail, i think i have 4 other snails, a black/blue legged crab, and live rock) How would all this fair with a hippo tang.....? It being the only tang in the tank, if i was to get one.

Also, my true percula clown keeps swimming up and down the corners of the tank, and i looked in the direction he was looking in and i can see his reflection on the tank.... he's acting kind of like that fish in finding nemo... Flo? anyways i was wondering if i should get the little guy a friend?

Atticus
06/03/2004, 01:09 PM
I personally stay away from hippos as they are ich magnets. What size tank do you have and how old is it?

burnthalo
06/03/2004, 01:33 PM
my tank's 60 gallons. I live in Canada, (not that that makes a huge difference in the fish though.... :rolleyes: )
but the store i get my fish from he inspects all the fish, I've seen itch, it's the white spots right. I wouldn't buy a fish with itch, or at the least try my best to avoid it. It's been running about 8 months not including a month of cycling.

Atticus
06/03/2004, 03:14 PM
60 gallons is a bit small for a tang in my opinion as it will cause stress in the fish thus increasing the chances of it becoming ill. If you want a tang I suggest a yellow tang as IME they do seem to handle smaller tanks better, but you need to remember it can outgrow your tank so you will either need to upsize or trade the tang in later on.

burnthalo
06/03/2004, 03:20 PM
that's good... i'll keep that in mind. i had my heart set on a hippo tang:( and i can't afford to upgrade as of yet.... so i guess i'll just have to wait for my hippo.

burnthalo
06/03/2004, 03:22 PM
what about getting my true perc a friend?:D

Atticus
06/03/2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by burnthalo
what about getting my true perc a friend?:D

That would be fine, but make sure to QT the new fish before adding it. Either way your clown should decide to come down within a couple days.