PDA

View Full Version : baby pods?????????

xexxxe
06/01/2004, 11:59 PM
my tanks been running for only about little over a month now...

every night i take a flashlight and try to check out what's going on when the lights are out...

usually I do see quite a bit of pods/ pods likes running around the rocks...

tonight... I saw something very unusual...

tank was very dirty/clouded since this morning for some reason...
just couldn't figure out what? tried changing filter pads etc.

I was just at my tank doing usual inspection at night... and saw little dust-like things stuck to the glass all over... couldn't figure out what... then i noticed them all are moving around... took a closer look...

some, I could identify legs... tail... etc... 99% baby pods/pod like critters... by the size of it... and amount in circulation... definitly newly hatched baby critters...

I have a maroon clown and banded goby in 75 g + 25g ref...

if they are what i think they are... hope they thrive... :p

SLOANMAN
06/02/2004, 12:15 AM
may be flatworm....also what do u mean by filter pad?what kind of filter?

xexxxe
06/02/2004, 12:45 AM
do flat worms have legs? it was realllly small to ID correctly... but some of the larger ones i could identify legs and somewhat tails... and they do move around pretty fast for its size...

Reefmedic79
06/02/2004, 12:55 AM
different species of pod, maybe?

Super Girl
06/02/2004, 01:09 AM
On one ocassion I saw a large pod seem to be shooting out babies. I swore that the mother pod was giving live birth. The tank light was on. The tiny pod babies immediately began to feed on detritus on the rocks and crawl into holes just like we are all used to seeing pods do. As I looked harder I could see juvenile pods, a bit bigger than the seemingly newborn ones that had their gut full of brown detritus whereas the newborn ones were clear.

Just an observation.