PDA

View Full Version : TW acquisitions today

masterswimmer
06/01/2004, 10:32 PM
I picked up a few little critters today.

I got the Lawnmower Blenny that was eating and looking real nice. Acclimated and immediately swam out of view into the rockwork. Oh well, another 'Claude Raines' type inhabitant (FYI, Claude Raines played the Invisible Man).

A real nice looking Green Hammer. Acclimated and already close to fully extended.

Another scarlet cleaner shrimp. Hopefully this one will grace me with his presence every month or so.

An emerald crab to help combat some of my various algae probs. Bubble algae too. Not a lot but enough to make me concerned. As soon as this little guy hit the bottom, the first thing he did was start working. Hallelujah!

Russ

nine9d
06/01/2004, 11:51 PM
Congrats, I knew the emrald would do what he had to do.

skearse
06/02/2004, 06:57 AM
Yeah, I saw the hammer on Sunday when I was in; it looked pretty good.. Jay & Bruce seem to be doing pretty well over there. Keep up the progress, guys!

WAGERJA
06/02/2004, 07:17 AM
Ya Know how we do... yo? ;)
But seriously Bruce and Bill have really been trying to keep improving the store and provide you guys with a quality product. Hopefully it will continue this way for a good long time.

Stacy, thanks for including me in that statement but you know the only thing they let me do over there is clean the feeder tank! :) seriously thanks.

WAGERJA
06/02/2004, 07:19 AM
oh, ya... Congrats on the new livestock, Russ
J :rollface:

andro
06/02/2004, 08:02 AM
Congrats Russ, I was looking at that hammer after they got it, Bruse even put it on hold for me because he knew I was looking for one, he wanted me to have first dibs on it. But I passed for now. Good luck with your new inhabitants.

-Ian

masterswimmer
06/02/2004, 08:12 AM
Thanx all.......the good news is I got to see the cleaner shrimp today. Wooohoooo, that's more than I've seen my previous peps and cleaner in the last 6 weeks.

That hammer is killer, flouresces beautifully. Pix soon.

Haven't seen the emerald today, but he's got lots to keep him busy, both hidden and out in the open.

LB is slowly tooling around. Seems a bit skittish right now, but when he realizes there is no threat by anyone in the tank he should loosen up a bit.

Thanx for the well wishes everyone.

Russ

foxstop
06/02/2004, 03:31 PM
Russ,

It took a couple of weeks for my LB to get over his shyness. Now he partols the tank rasping the rocks and glass for algae. The jury is still out on whether or not he's getting enough to eat. I throw some macro in the tank every so often and the tang goes for it, but I don't see the LB eating any. They tend to like the more filamentous and slimy stuff on the rocks.

Let me know if your emerald crab is a good citizen. I was thinking of picking one up soon too.

I've had great luck with all of TW's fish and corals so far. Bruce and Bill have been very nice and of course it's nice to see Jay too.
(I'll bring rubble when I can! Lots of night events this week so I can't make it there:D)

Good luck with all of the new stuff!

Brian

seaham358
06/02/2004, 07:51 PM
Emerald crabs are the best did not hurt a thing in my tank, they would clean the corals also. I had 3 and 2 of them got real big and they started to die 1 by 1 no clue why..... Not enough food? My strawberry killing them? Any way I was looking at the ones Russ got the other day...... I think I will be getting some soon I miss those guys.

masterswimmer
06/03/2004, 12:01 AM
Saw the emerald tonight. He's doing just what he's supposed to do, eat. He's like an energizer bunny......just keeps going, and going. And only on the rock, rubble and substrate so far. I'm very very happy with him at the moment.

Saw my cleaner shrimp tonight too. Soooo cool to finally see at least one of these guys moving about. Makes me think my others are already through the nitrate stage by now. (dead, decayed, ammo, trite and trate) Oh well. I'm sure they won't be the last thing to go that route. Hopefully not many though.

Russ

Tomzpc
06/03/2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by masterswimmer
Makes me think my others are already through the nitrate stage by now. (dead, decayed, ammo, trite and trate)
Russ

You can usually replace "decayed" with "consumed" in these situations. Hermit crabs are very good at taking care of the body...Sopranos-style. :p

skearse
06/03/2004, 08:19 PM
Yeah, and with a shrimp in there now, imagine the Sopranos working with the Corleones!

andro
06/04/2004, 07:46 AM
Throw a large brittle star in and you will never see anyting decaying in your tank, mine "whacked" a pajama cardinal.

masterswimmer
06/04/2004, 08:21 PM
A brittle star :eek1: fugedaboudit, doewnt you worry boud nuthin.

partagas
06/05/2004, 12:03 AM
I have a purple brittle star, do you guys think It would be save to adda few emerald crabs for algae clean up??