PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing I ever heard at a LFS

carg
05/28/2004, 06:05 PM
I was inside a LFS today browsing around and checking out the livestock when I overheard a woman talking to a salesclerk that was probably about 19 or 20 years old. I didn't hear the full conversation but heard 2 very disturbing parts. She said she didn't have the time to do all the research on keeping saltwater fish and she also said she just goes by what the people at the LFS tell her since they probably know best. At that very moment I thought to myself thank god I found reef central.

Approximately 2 months ago I was in that same LFS talking to that same clerk who sounded extremely knowledgable. After 2 months of reading reef central forums about 2 hours a day I realized I was more qualified to do his job than he is. I politely suggested that she check this website out as a way to quickly and efficiently do research and hopefully she'll actually visit.

n o o d l z
05/28/2004, 06:18 PM
I'm in the same boat...I never take the LFS' advice anymore...and I'll always try to overhear conversations so that I can correct them when needed :lol: Good work...

Zodiac
05/28/2004, 06:27 PM
Funny cause i work at a LFS and look where i am gaining my knowledge LOL

Jpizzle
05/28/2004, 07:46 PM
hahaha zodiac- that still makes you better than most of the LFS employess around

IME- when owners/workers of LFS' know that you belong to a local aquarium society or are at least knowledgeable about various aspects of aquatic life... they won't mess with you.. but then again.. ya never know

Raki04
05/28/2004, 07:55 PM
and I'll always try to overhear conversations so that I can correct them when needed Good work...

Is it that we all want to show off or that we want to share what we have learned here . I do the same thing and have even talked people out of a fish they where thinking about buying because it wouldn't be right for their tank (ie a mandrin fish in a 2 month old tank)

mickey57
05/28/2004, 07:56 PM
:D....You don't have to know everything,just know where to get the information :D .....My Dad,the one in my avatar,taught me that.He's not the first to coin that phrase but from him is where I heard it.Love my Daddy
.............................................Mickey