PDA

View Full Version : is my ASM G2 too big for the 90 fo

stubaby43
05/26/2004, 10:49 PM
hi to all my name is stu. this is my first posts but i have been here taking it all in for some time.

i have used all your advice to set up both of my tanks and things are going pretty good but i have prolbums with my g2 asm.

i have a heavy fish load and feed heavy but the g2 just dosnt seem to do mutch.it can run for a week and make no skimate and dont look at it for a day and the thing is full.

i have set the pipe up and down up and down.i have chambered it off so it onley gets tank water.changed the sump depth from 8 to 10 to 12 inches 12 works best.

but i have to say i am starting to wish i got a remora for it that baby pumps gunk out of my 20 gallon reef like mad and i love it.it is the best skimmer i ever had.

is it possible that the asm is that good that it pumps all the stuff out of the water in a hour or so ang then just waits for more.i think it should be working up a head of foam all the time.

the remora pulled all the red slime out of the reef in no timebut it is growing in the fo tank with the asm g2 .

the tank is 90 gal with a 30 gallon sump freg.4 inch sand bed with a half inch of crushed coral on top. the coral had to be put in from when i switched from a 20 gal to the 90 to provide some bio support.

no filter is used ,just a pre filter on the over flow.i cant grow micro verry good it gets covered with the red stuff.i though the asm would take care of the red stuff.

now i have the pipe way up so i can get a little wet stuff.12 inches of water in sump

i am thinking of trading for a g1x. and it is broke in it is a month old should i go smaller is this normal please help thanks stu

delv
05/28/2004, 01:31 AM
bump