PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Aq...

fishsoldseprtly
05/26/2004, 11:03 AM
hey guys there having a sale at Paradise Aq on 47th. they have fire shrimps for 15.99 w/cpn on pennysaver...thats pretty cheap..and lps and other corals all for 26$..lots of zoos!!! they even have a white tip and black tip shark for those with huge FOWLR tanks..check em' out..there pretty cool guys at Paradise...I dont work there but just want to spread the love.

changhsu
05/27/2004, 03:06 AM
I just dropped by Paradise today and I almost had to pick my jaws off the floor. They have expanded their SW fish tanks several months ago, but they are still only about half full. Then, they recently expanded their coral tanks and even though its also about half full, the corals are incredible. The owner is very very meticulous, all the tanks are spanking clean, no dead fishes. The corals are all lined up like fruits on a produce stand, glistening under the MH lighting. Almost all the corals are $26. So far, he has softies, zoans, LPS', he said he will be getting some SPS' later. The store is not big, but it is perhaps the best kept store in Sacramento. Hope he stocks his fish/invert tanks better as he gets more business.

jayson_219@yahoo.com
05/27/2004, 08:02 AM
paradise has always been one of my favorite lfs to go to here in sac. the prices are real cheap and the guys tend to hook me up everytime i go there. i once baught a 1.5 imch maroon clown for $8 from them. now you cant beat that price. everyone should definetly check them out!!
-jason-

skierguy
05/27/2004, 12:24 PM
How do you get there? Ie: What is the address?

sagitariuscbc
05/27/2004, 12:29 PM
4921 47th ave. 95824
south 99 exit 47th east lefthand side about a mile down on 47th

skierguy
05/27/2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks

diGeE
06/02/2004, 01:19 PM
I just went to Paradise Aquarium yesterday for my second time. And I must say I'm sooo impressed with them. They were super helpful and great prices. I also found my pom pom crab there. Looking for it everywhere. They even gave me a really good price on it. After I was done, I found out they gave me discount on every item I purchase. IF you go to any store in sac, make sure its Paradise Aquarium. :thumbsup:

wombat2
06/02/2004, 10:09 PM
How long has this place been open? Looks like it's right near Exotic... I'm disappointed they're selling requiem sharks; unless you have about a 10,000 gallon tank they're doomed.

fatsuki
06/03/2004, 01:14 AM
I hear you. Unfortunately people keep importing because there's always someone who will buy them. It's like a status symbol, so when the girls come over a shark in your house makes you seem cooler.

wombat2
06/03/2004, 04:22 AM
Are you kidding? Girls like clownfish, and seahorses, and flame angels. You can at least charm them with the pretty colors of corals sometimes.

Get an eel, or a shark, and you might as well keep a snake and listen to Megadeth.

thereefgeek
06/03/2004, 01:04 PM
Or a pitbull.

sagitariuscbc
06/03/2004, 01:10 PM
they got to know now those sharks are no good for us to keep!
one of the sharks started a fire there a little while ago.

delu5ions
06/26/2004, 12:03 AM
i went to paradise for the first time today and as far as fish selection goes, it was ok which i understand since they're still expanding but wow. ive never seen corals and live rock for so cheap. live rock is only $3.99 a pound! and the saltwater test kits are $20. thats cheaper than any other place ive seen. the owner is a really cool guy and theyve definitely got my business from now on.

Dave E
07/06/2004, 10:16 PM
Paridise has been open about 4yrs and was mainly a fresh water store.I have been going there for about a year.Kevin,runs the place and is also a hobbist just like us,and is easy to talk to not like the guy!! at Capitol. I have. I send people there when ever i can,ive even seen him sell cured LR to a young couple that i sent in that was at Ost (out of LR) for 3.99 lb.The biggest difference with paradise is he is a hobbist wiyh a store!!!!!!!!!!!!

Undergrad
07/07/2004, 12:35 AM
Get an eel, or a shark, and you might as well keep a snake and listen to Megadeth.

I didn't know you listened to Megadeath :eek2: . Whatever happened to your dwarf albino?

And I can't believe that I haven't heard of this place until now. I'll definetely have to check them out. However, I don't think low prices (especially on fish which amount to practically nothing when compared to the cost of the tank) should determine whether a store is "cool" or not.

Arlan

duec22
07/09/2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this place. I had never heard of it either. Stoped by on Wednesday to check it out, and wow did they have a lot on nice looking LPS and zoo's. I bought a piece of purple branching Lobophyllia. I've never seen this in any other store and only a pic or two online. I didn't have time to take it home and take care of it that night, so they were kind enough to hold it for me for the night. I will definantly be putting the store into the mix when I go coral hunting.

T-T-Trigger
07/09/2004, 05:17 PM
I agree, thanks for the heads up. Easy to find as well. Also the owner seemed to not mind spending time chatting, always a plus.

brentp
07/10/2004, 11:14 PM
I picked up a rose bta from Paradise Aquarium for 32.99 on Friday and it split today. 32.99 is the best price I've seen for a rose bta. Two for 32.99 is even better :) They still had quite a few more.