PDA

View Full Version : TP sale-wanna split colonies?

bookfish
05/26/2004, 10:59 AM
Hi All, Eddie is having a 20% off sale starting Saturday morning. He's getting in Fiji and Tonga for the sale. I'll be there Saturday morning looking to split colonies.
See you there?-Jim

Sardaukar
05/26/2004, 12:34 PM
Interesting, very interesting. I think I have a spot or two in my tank.... :D

ArronAF
05/26/2004, 02:30 PM
DANG YOU ALL!!!!!!!! How can you temp me so! Well I will have to look at the budget and pray the wife is sypathetic :rollface: I pray that she will understand the need to buy lol.

bookfish
05/26/2004, 02:58 PM
If 5 people go in on a 100 dollar colony it's only 20 bucks each.
I'll be bringing my fragging briefcase! Hope you can make it.-Jim

Sardaukar
05/26/2004, 03:14 PM
Ya thats not a bad deal. And the frags that we get from the colony will probably be bigger than standard frags. Cool!

ArronAF
05/26/2004, 06:48 PM
any ideas on what colonies you are going after?

bookfish
05/26/2004, 10:43 PM
I'm getting pretty picky about sps's now since I'm running short of well lit space.
That's the other reason I like to split stuff is I actually prefer to get smaller pieces.
I've been liking some of the tongan tenuis I've been seeing, maybe a green tort or a different shade of pocillopora, hard to say. I'm really looking for unusual morphs so while I'd be happy to help folks frag whatever they want ,I'll probably only buy into a few select colonies-Jim

Sardaukar
05/28/2004, 11:09 PM
So who all is going there and what time? I have to be back in Lodi for work at 5pm, so I would like to get there at like noon to 1ish. Is that ok with everyone?

Sardaukar
05/29/2004, 04:02 AM
Just realized they open at 10am on Saturday. Will prolly be there soon after opening.

bookfish
05/29/2004, 10:06 AM
Of course I had to stop by last night night for a preview. There is a nice yellowish w/green tip table, some nice blue stags, pretty humilis (blue) and a great looking valida (I already have the morph though) Also very interesting were some acanthastrea and some weird encrusting stuff (I have no idea what species, let alone genera), bright orange.
There's also a rock with a whole bunch of baby, blue ricordea florida. Also plenty of echinopora which I like even though it's not exactly "pretty"
We recently fragged one of these and all the pcs are getting new growth.
See you there at 10.-Jim

Sardaukar
05/30/2004, 12:26 PM
Hey Jim - sorry I wasn't able to be there. Someone called in sick at work and since I owed him one, I had to fill in. I plan on driving down Monday morning. They are open at 11am right? The sale is on all corals right? I think that blue humilis sounds nice and I might get some more frags. Thx.