PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Help!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!

KalimanMX
05/26/2004, 12:04 AM
My tank is a 29 gal, i have some corals, but yestarday i saw something strange on my corals, and today they seem very bad....

amonia nitrites and nitrates are ok, and ALL my corals seem to be sick

WHAT CAN I DO?

KalimanMX
05/26/2004, 12:05 AM
more

KalimanMX
05/26/2004, 12:06 AM
and the last..... sorry but my digital is really bad...

dgphelps
05/26/2004, 12:30 AM
I would also post your water parameters so that someone may better assist you. pH, ALK, Calcium, temp, salinity, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite. In the past I have seen people say that their parameters are "fine" and when they final post the test results are way off what most people call ok but what some ooutdated books say is correct.

Also, I notice you say 2 months exp. in saltwater... Did you let the tank cycle before adding the corals? I waited about 4 months before putting my first ones in. This is a bit longer than necessary but I depleted my funds when setting up the tank and had to wait a bit to pay for some coral. :)

From what I can tell from the photos some polyps just look closed. This happens when my clown fish decide to rub against my zoanthids and typically they re-open when left undisturbed. I can't honestly say i can discern a problem other than closed polyps from the photos. I know you are concerned about your corals but if you can't get better, sharper photos maybe just describe what the strange thing you saw and why they seem bad to you. The more descriptive you can be the better we can help.

KalimanMX
05/26/2004, 01:27 AM
Good advice.
The tank is 6 months old, and the corals have been there for 4 months. The only new thing happening in the tank is that 6 days ago i saw under the gravel this new "mini shimp" that seems like brine shrimp.

PH: 8.5
Salinity: 1.025
Nitrite: 0
Amonia: 0
Nitrate: 10
Temp: 83 F

I know is hard to tell from the photos but is the best i can do, ill try to get a better one for tomorrow, i can really tell you what i see because i dont speak english very good.

Thanks for your help

rshimek
05/26/2004, 11:27 AM
Hi,

I am sorry. :( The images just are not good enough to provide any information. I need crisp, in-focus, images to be able to help you.