PDA

View Full Version : removeing unwanted fish

goleafsgo
05/24/2004, 07:34 PM
HELP!

i need adviece on ways to get this @#$%ing blue daselfish out of my tank, iv tryed netting, sifoning, starving but my cocaunce gave in, (couldnt let the little bugger starve), fishing spearfishing, moving liverock (too hard cause its all glude in place), taking out water cant find that damn fish,and putting food in a jar

p.s. sorry for spaming this form but i really need hlep here,
thanx guys

Otradnoje
05/24/2004, 07:41 PM
You said the liverock is glued together, but can you take it out the tank?

That'll probably the most surefire way.

You could also try feeding some flakes, waiting for it to come up, and then swiftly scooping it up with a net.

gho
05/24/2004, 07:52 PM
Ya ha, that's why you shouldn't cycle with damselfish. But anyways, the way i got them out - get a 2L soda bottle, take off the label and cut off the top. Throw in some rubble and put it in the tank, make sure you can push it against the glass when the fish swims inside. Then go hide and watch the tank. When the damsel swims inside, slowly push it against the side of the tank, then get a plate or somthing and slide it between the glass and the bottle.

Hope this works for you. It takes lots of patience and time. good luck.

Black Phantom
05/24/2004, 07:56 PM
I built a large box with one open end out of acrylic and then made it so it could hang on the tank wall right near the surface.
Leave it in the tank all the time so the fish get used to it.
When you feed your fish squrt some food into it so the fish get used to going in and out of it.
Then get your net ready and when the fish swims in just put your net over the open end. Then just lift the box out of the tank so the fish doen't get stressed by netting
This takes a couple of days work but it's the only way I can get fish out of my tank.