PDA

View Full Version : Ich resistant fish?

Otradnoje
05/24/2004, 04:30 PM
I've been battling ich for a little while now, and during my experiences I've found a few fish that seemed to be "immune" to it, such as my: green chromis, yellow clown goby, etc

What I'd like to know is what fish have you guys found to be ich and disease resistant?

I'm just now setting a QT btw :p

CaliforniaDreamer
05/24/2004, 04:56 PM
When I first started and my tank wasn’t too stable, and I didn't QT when I added my Pacific Blue (Hippo) tang it got Ich almost immediately. Soon my other fish got it also except green chromis, and my Firefish gobies. I think it my have to do with the hardiness of the fish. BTW the blue tang recovered just fine (used No-Ich in the tank, don't know if it helped). The guy at the LFS said that often the fish recover by themselves if the tank parameters are good. Now when I get a fish I match the QT (SG and PH) to the bag water and have had no sick fish since then.

Entropy
05/24/2004, 04:57 PM
Welcome to RC!!!

Supposedely fish become more and more resistant to Ich each time they are exposed but I don't know for sure. I know the one time I got ich tank wide, my gobies and blennies were completely uneffected, while my regal tang, yellow tang, royal grammas, and chromis all got it bad.